• The KillerFrogs

Is Prime going to be available/interviewed for our open CBs coach?

asleep003

Would it not be better for Prime to jump to a P5 position coach with lots of potential ... or a 2-8/3-7 lower level G5 HC job or a DC for any level G5 spot. That's where you help maximize your D and Portal positioning attack. Probly no, but still think a reasonable strategy for this staff.

GenXFrog

Would it not be better for Prime to jump to a P5 position coach with lots of potential ... or a 2-8/3-7 lower level G5 HC job or a DC for any level G5 spot. That's where you help maximize your D and Portal positioning attack. Probly no, but still think a reasonable strategy for this staff.

SWAC Coach of the year, bringing the top ranked recruit in the nation to a HBC... to TCU as a junior position coach?

Yeah... That isn't going to happen.

asleep003

SWAC Coach of the year, bringing the top ranked recruit in the nation to a HBC... to TCU as a junior position coach?
Yeah... That isn't going to happen.
I can tell you are a very knowledgeable sports person with your absolute convictions.
And I'm not saying it will/should/or could happen.

But would a Hall of Fame CB get more present exposure as a CB coach in the Big 12, who could have a 450-600k salary, over hanging around the HBCU-FCS league at 300K. Obviously plans to HC a P5 program 1 day, if not NFL. Which is the quicker path, SWAC ... or B12(while landing 5* CBs).

What may keep him at JSU is he'll be able to coach his sons, with total control... and wouldn't blame him for that.

Last edited:

Wally the Frog

Stop It GIF by GIPHY News

TAINTed frog

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

I'm pretty sure Deion's primary technique in playing CB was just to run faster than everyone he played against rather than anything that he can coach others to do. It worked for him because he's Deion and could do it but your more usual athlete is probably going to need to have a little more instruction.

HornyWartyToad

I'm pretty sure Deion's primary technique in playing CB was just to run faster than everyone he played against rather than anything that he can coach others to do. It worked for him because he's Deion and could do it but your more usual athlete is probably going to need to have a little more instruction.
Bingo. It's a complete unknown whether he has any idea how to scheme a defense since his entire career was built around him NOT being part of the scheme.

His job was, "See opponent's best receiver. Take away opponent's best receiver."

He's not a total unknown, however. I know for damn sure he ain't fixin to teach anybody how to tackle.

asleep003

Bingo. It's a complete unknown whether he has any idea how to scheme a defense since his entire career was built around him NOT being part of the scheme.

His job was, "See opponent's best receiver. Take away opponent's best receiver."

He's not a total unknown, however. I know for damn sure he ain't fixin to teach anybody how to tackle.

Yes ... tackling was his least of skills ... only pass defense yes. But there were plenty on this forum and even some on this thread pulling for Prime as the next Toad HC. Recruiting yes... HC No.

Last edited:

OmniscienceFrog

First you'd have to give a damn about what "Prime" does.