• The KillerFrogs

Is Max or Morris starting at QB next week vs. OU?

Spike

And to be clear before someone comes back at me on it, Max is clearly not above reproach or unable to be criticized. Every single player on the team has made mistakes and has some areas where they can improve. So pointing out things that Max doesn't do well is one thing but when the compulsion some have to constantly criticize the guy even in the midst of him playing so well is just weird. Let's wait until he actually plays poorly to start complaining about his poor play.

Until then, as far as the offense is concerned, I'd be much more inclined to discuss where the hell Quentin Johnston has been in this offense and will we finally see Kendre Miller get a 25-30 carries workload this week along with some concerns with the OL consistency.

I am going to assume that the lack of touches for Quentin Johnson is because 1. He's drawing a lot of attention for the D, thus creating space for others 2. Max actually has time now to scan the field AND is doing a better job of spreading the wealth.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

I am going to assume that the lackl of touches for Quentin Johnson is because 1. He's drawing a lot of attention for the D, thus creating space for others 2. Max actually has time now to scan the field AND is doing a better job of spreading the wealth.
No doubt on number one and so far we've been able to out talent everyone else on the schedule so spreading it around has worked fine. But it will be crucial to find more ways to get Q involved even with the attention he draws as the season goes forward.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I just looked up Max's stats on Sports Reference. It's early in the season, the schedule difficulty is going to go way up, etc. But still, (1) he has gotten better every year, (2) He has played very well so far this year.

View attachment 12115
As I said elsewhere, Max is playing the best football of his career right now. Thirty plus games into his tenure I think we and more importantly the coaches know what you’re going to get from him: his very best.

I was really struck by the praise Sonny had for Duggan after the SMU game. Criticism comes with the position but I hope his detractors here can also recognize his many good qualities as a player and teammate and what his leadership has meant to the team

4 Oaks Frog

MAX…..MAN …MAX MAX MAX…MAX MAX MAX
Only sensible answer…MAX
GO FROGS!
BEAT LAND GRABBERS!
Spit Blood ~~<~~< and fornicate baylor!!