• The KillerFrogs

Is Kendal Briles a serious candidate?

FrogBall09

Sure, but if he was not charged, that means some prosecutor determined the evidence was not there. Its safe to assume most proesecutors want to indict cases they expect to win. I hope they do not hire the guy. But, am willing to trust the coach - SD - and the administration to make sure.
What exactly would he have been Charged with?

Pharm Frog

Shouldn’t surprise anyone that the son of an ethically-challenged football coach would be amenable to the son of an ethically-challenged football coach.

Mean Purple

My wife and I have gone out of our way to support TCU in the decade since we moved out of state. We're currently discussing how we feel would be best to make a very large donation to TCU.

I can guarantee that if my wife reads that our beloved alma mater hired Kendal Briles, then that money will go elsewhere and TCU may not see another dime of our money again. I hate to think that the train wreck in LA is the last TCU game I will witness in person for a long time, but that may be the case.
I'm in the market for a good cow horse. I accept cash and cashiers checks.

ticketfrog123

We used to be. Coach P lost his fastball no doubt but I believe he wanted to win, but the RIGHT way. Or at least talked a good game. This potential hire makes me question our integrity as an school/admin.
Coach P ran a clean program - you can count on one hand how many players had conduct and legal issues on multiple occasions - and most of them are public

Boykin / Turpin / Fields and a couple from the earlier team.

Mac Jones got a DUI and Baker had public intoxication so the bar incidents happen everywhere

Pharm Frog

All I can say is that Mrs Pharm is actively rooting for Briles to be hired at TCU.
@FrogPreacher She’s rooting for it because she knows it will liberate the back half of the year. She’s already started a VRBO trip list for September and October and got my American Airline password to investigate how many points it will take for weekend trips to Los Cabos and a week in Ireland.

McFroggin

So why not Art? He’s better than Kendall and would come cheaper. Art was never “convicted” of anything. Don’t we think that high school he coached at did it’s due diligence?

Dykes wants someone younger that recruits better.

Art is a PR nightmare. Kendal will be talk for a week and then dead issue.

FrogBall09

I laughed. That guy was something
Well he did warn everyone that this exact situation was where we were headed when he hired the previous Baylor guys -

And he lived up to what he said - his son told me he changed his will and sent the majority of his money that was originally allocated to TCU to the 5 service academies instead

Pharm Frog

Dykes wants someone younger that recruits better.

Art is a PR nightmare. Kendal will be talk for a week and then dead issue.
You have no knowledge about how well Art recruits. All I ever heard about was how great he was at recruiting and this from high school coaches and parents

Frawg

We used to be. Coach P lost his fastball no doubt but I believe he wanted to win, but the RIGHT way. Or at least talked a good game. This potential hire makes me question our integrity as an school/admin.
Realize, under GP, we had a number of players suspended fo domestic “incidents” who were later allowed to re join the ream. Most were actually arrested.

Prime BEEF

So why not Art? He’s better than Kendall and would come cheaper. Art was never “convicted” of anything. Don’t we think that high school he coached at did it’s due diligence?
IMO, If someone is ok with the hiring of KB, then the idea of hiring Art should be ok too. Should also expect Art on the sidelines or in the stands supporting his son. Probably wearing purple and doing the horned frog sign.

TCU would become purple Baylor. With all of the stephenville/Briles people on the staff this era of TCU football would just be the 2nd phase of the Briles Baylor era. Seems the insiders and the big cigars are cool with that though.

Tshirt Fan

Gary & delConte already demonstrated puke orange is a lousy fashion look compared to Purple.
FNNUxwxXEAIs6qY

Pharm Frog

Realize, under GP, we had a number of players suspended fo domestic “incidents” who were later allowed to re join the ream. Most were actually arrested.
If true (and not implying otherwise)….all the more reason GP should have exited sooner. Unless those accusations were spurious.

Yes but they were all suspended until the investigation played out were they not. Point is we acted and then adjudicated when the facts came out. Not like other programs that sweep stuff under the rug.