• The KillerFrogs

Is Kendal Briles a serious candidate?

ticketfrog123

As a friendly heads up, while others are understandably up in arms and considering a full stop of financial support to TCU Football / TCU or stop posting on forums, etc. - I feel I should provide advance notice that I will POST MORE OFTEN ON HERE if we hire Briles.

Others can threaten with checkbooks - I’ll take the death by 1,000 cuts approach to motivate each of you to speak up

TooColdU

FWIW, I still believe that the Baylor stuff was a school wide problem the admin tried to push on football with the hope that they could make it go away by firing Briles. Never cared for the guy, but think he got railroaded over that stuff.

"Do you like white women?"

TCUdirtbag

I know far more about Kaz’s involvement, I’m sure.

I don’t think people are irredeemable, so I get why we got to “yes” on hiring Kaz and why we are considering Briles. I’ve never felt great about Kaz, but have been willing to see how it goes (on the “do what’s right” front - the work product obviously speaks for itself) because I tend to trust Dykes’ moral compass. I’m not sure where I stand on Briles yet. For whatever reason - maybe it’s the lawyer in me saying “RISK! RISK!” or the Baylor hate seething through my blood - it’s a tougher pill to swallow.

But damn it’s just inviting a PR nightmare. I haven’t figured out how it could possibly be worth it when we have everything rolling for us University-wide. OC isn’t as critical with SD at the helm, and there are other good options, so why go out on this particular limb? Why invite the blowback? SD is a reasonable level-headed guy and if admin pushes back with facts from boosters and community supporters about how the fallout could negatively impact SD and all of TCU (if they believe/find that to be the case), I think he’d listen and understand and move on to Plan B.

I’m with you in thinking it may be either the FT guys trying to make a point to JD/SD or those two using FT to gauge fan and donor sentiment. I hope so at least.

Last edited:

geefrogs

Lane Kiffin liked him, Dana Holgorson liked him, Willie Taggart liked him, Sam Pittman definitely likes him.

We should hire him, if he sucks, fire him. Kliff aint coming back from Koh Samui anytime soon, trust me :cool:

PineyWoodsFrog

We are not OK with Briles, but we are very happy with Kaz who was there as well. Briles has been at a few different places and has done well with no other issues. I am not saying what he did was ok, but who are we to judge, everyone should get more chances in life. If that’s not the case I’m sure a lot of us would be screwed.
Deserving more chances does not mean we have to be the school to give him his next chance.

What do you mean by this? You know more than what was said in the Pepper Hamilton report?
That report largely protected him (and some others) as he contributed to its findings… However, he was a trusted ally for players and coaches alike and was heavily involved in all team activities, as he is here. Very few involved with that program acted appropriately, over many years.

That said, people change and lessons are learned… and leadership makes a difference too.