• The KillerFrogs

Is it just me or?

Portland Frog

I was thinking this last night. Austin is fast. Reagor too. Didn’t see much separation v SMU. Hopefully a one game aberration.

I assume the drops will stop with a dry ball next week.

kidkarr

On similar note, our guys are rarely wide open. I know we have been super vanilla the first two games, but dang. Watched many games today and other teams seem to “slip” a guy out/underneath etc more than we do. OU’s receivers made some great contested catches, but many were wide open.

Wexahu

On similar note, our guys are rarely wide open. I know we have been super vanilla the first two games, but dang. Watched many games today and other teams seem to “slip” a guy out/underneath etc more than we do. OU’s receivers made some great contested catches, but many were wide open.

Personally, I’ve been way more impressed with Cumbie’s recruiting ability than I have his coaching. The whole O looks too disjointed to me too often. Shuffling 3-4 new guys in after every play, a lot of looking around and pointing trying to figure out where to line up, etc. To me it seems like there’s too much going on and not enough emphasis placed on execution. Often I’m scratching my head trying to figure out what they’re trying to do. Just my opinion.

BleedNPurple

You don't need speed to get separation. it certainly helps but the ability to run good routes, and body control can do as much, if not more than speed

Look at the jukes Turpin can slither. Rain is the great equalizer - cuts go to crap when you put your foot down and fear you’re about to power slide. Last night was played on a slip and slide. I think the guys will have their best game Saturday - may be a heartbreak but expect to see then leave it all out there. A lot of new components about to grow up in time for B12 play.

FrogLifeYo

Personally, I’ve been way more impressed with Cumbie’s recruiting ability than I have his coaching. The whole O looks too disjointed to me too often. Shuffling 3-4 new guys in after every play, a lot of looking around and pointing trying to figure out where to line up, etc. To me it seems like there’s too much going on and not enough emphasis placed on execution. Often I’m scratching my head trying to figure out what they’re trying to do. Just my opinion.

Imagine trying to call 140ish plays over 2 games with you only being able to run about 10-15 different looks because your trying to conceal your real playbook. The playbook is going to open way up this week and the player rotations should also cut back a little. We’ll see the real TCU Offense this week. Will it be good enough?? I’m not sure but I do know we’ve only ran about 30% of our packages

Dogfrog

But he’s no Zach Smith.

Last edited: