• The KillerFrogs

"Invisible" defensive players. Hope we have some.

Limp Lizard

Invisible is the way some linemen or linebackers seem. To me LaMarcus McDonald was the epitome of that kind of player. It looks like the OL players just don't see him. The ball is snapped, the player steps into the backfield with nobody touching him...no OL looking back like "Oops I missed my block"...it's like the player becomes invisible to the blockers when the ball is snapped. I guess that is quickness? Anyway, like Justice Stewart, I can't define it, but I know it when I see it. I is a beautiful thing to behold.

The highlights of Karter Johnson looks like he may have a little of that quality. Wonder how he is handling this heat...he's not in Ohio any more, Toto.

Eight

i remember when tcu would have 6,7, maybe 8 invisible defensive players, but i think we are using the word invisible with different mindsets

Frog-in-law1995

Invisible is the way some linemen or linebackers seem. To me LaMarcus McDonald was the epitome of that kind of player. It looks like the OL players just don't see him. The ball is snapped, the player steps into the backfield with nobody touching him...no OL looking back like "Oops I missed my block"...it's like the player becomes invisible to the blockers when the ball is snapped. I guess that is quickness? Anyway, like Justice Stewart, I can't define it, but I know it when I see it. I is a beautiful thing to behold.

The highlights of Karter Johnson looks like he may have a little of that quality. Wonder how he is handling this heat...he's not in Ohio any more, Toto.

You know invisibility when you see it?

Limp Lizard

You know invisibility when you see it?
Yes. I can see auras. :rolleyes:

Invisibility is the way it looks to me the way some defensive players penetrate without being touched, like they are invisible to the blockers...not the people watching the game.

I trust I have made myself obscure. Which is different from invisible.

Latest posts