• The KillerFrogs

Interesting tweet from Kendall Rogers...

hometown frog

Why would a 15 round draft be good?? Just asking? So more players can pick which organizations they want to go to?? And maybe since many won't be drafted there won't be the pressure to sign thus elevating the college game??

What I think potentially would happen is more international kids would be signed as free agents to fill the spots American kids would bypass for college.

Every D1 school needs at least 25 full scholarships. Its insaine we aren't there yet as popular as college baseball has become and what these extra scholarships could do to elevate the game...bringing in tons of money and attention to the NCAA and the universities.

moose touched on it above but I think more players will benefit from not trying to chase the minors right out of high school or marginal draft eligible JRs in college. So the college game will have more players to build from and those players will benefit from the time to develop their body/mind to be a professional player. It’s not a ton in qty, but I think it’s impact on quality will be significant.
JMHO

Pharm Frog

^^^ Do they grab equipment from their dads' trophy rooms?

I don’t think you understand what some of the club organizations at this level bring to the game. And no...I can assure you that they do not have to rely on their father’s trophy rooms and I suspect that this particular organization has access to equipment that would be the envy of some college programs

I don’t think you understand what some of the club organizations at this level bring to the game. And no...I can assure you that they do not have to rely on their father’s trophy rooms and I suspect that this particular organization has access to equipment that would be the envy of some college programs

So after I left TCU I played on the University of North Texas club baseball team. We won our division's national championship in 2000 or 2001...don't remember. We had one guy who played in Montreal's organization for 6 years before tearing up his knee at AA. He retired and his signing bonus out of high school included the organization paying for his college education should he never see the show.

Had another guy who played at Lamar for a couple years. Two other guys signed pro ball contracts after playing for us and going to a tryout. Another white kid was KR for Arkansas St before a knee injury. He still ran a 4.48. Guy ended up getting his MBA from Harvard and makes a gazillion dollars a year.

We had some other guys who played at various levels in college. I'd say we were on par with a D2 team. Some of the teams were pretty bad but Tech and UT had good squads. UT had all the guys who tried to walk on in Austin...that's still some really good talent. Most of those guys could have easily played D2. Heck, I had D2 offers out of HS.

ShreveFrog

well it was a joke. Sorry.

Punter1

So after I left TCU I played on the University of North Texas club baseball team. We won our division's national championship in 2000 or 2001...don't remember. We had one guy who played in Montreal's organization for 6 years before tearing up his knee at AA. He retired and his signing bonus out of high school included the organization paying for his college education should he never see the show.

Had another guy who played at Lamar for a couple years. Two other guys signed pro ball contracts after playing for us and going to a tryout. Another white kid was KR for Arkansas St before a knee injury. He still ran a 4.48. Guy ended up getting his MBA from Harvard and makes a gazillion dollars a year.

We had some other guys who played at various levels in college. I'd say we were on par with a D2 team. Some of the teams were pretty bad but Tech and UT had good squads. UT had all the guys who tried to walk on in Austin...that's still some really good talent. Most of those guys could have easily played D2. Heck, I had D2 offers out of HS.

Pretty sure I overheard this same speech (pick up line) at The Woodshed on a Friday night after Colonial...had I known it was you I'd have bought ya a beer...