• The KillerFrogs

Interesting Thought

Wexahu

The reason it's a silly question to ask has nothing to do with whether the Big 12 should / would welcome Nebraska if they desired to return. The Big 12 would bend over backwards to make that happen if it was a realistic possibility.

The issue is that Nebraska has next to no reason to do it, as they are significantly better off in just about every way in the Big 10.

You mentioned it earlier, but I think the academic reputation of the Big 10 is a huge factor. Every one of those Big 10 schools is pretty elite in that regard, pretty good company that UN probably wants to keep. No matter how bad some of the teams might suck at football, there are no Texas Techs, K-States and WVUs in that conference.

I think its Aggie and Arkie. They failed in the SEC, and are considered lesser entities there. All chest-thumping aside, I think aggie fans would love to come back to the Big XII.

HG73

They. Are Not. Coming Back. Ever. Unless somehow the TV money got better in the Big 12. Then they would all be back.

DixieFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
Bill Snyder is also 3 days from having his car keys taken from him.

I had to take away the keys to my Dad's truck earlier this year. Along with changing adult diapers, I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but it is what it is.

It's a big deal for a man to surrender his keys and it sucked as bad as I imagine what a Baylor fan feels like when they wake up each and every day of their pitiful existence on our planet earth.

DixieFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
ASU and the UofA will never leave the Pac 12. Colorado, Nebraska & Iowa would be the choices that make the most sense, but I don't see it happening unless there is a larger realignment.

Nebraska chose to follow the example of Arkansas, and discontinue having any exposure in Texas recruiting. Their own egos trumped common sense. The result? No championships for decades. Leave them to their own device.
Arkansas got smart (thanks to Jerry Jones and stupid aggy) and have a least one home game in Texas now every other year.

That bovine scatology is so overrated. Just like everyone in the B12 worried about A&M opening up this big recruiting pipeline into Texas for the SEC when they joined. How'd that turn out?

WhatTheFrog

I think its Aggie and Arkie. They failed in the SEC, and are considered lesser entities there. All chest-thumping aside, I think aggie fans would love to come back to the Big XII.
I'm not so sure about that. In the current situation, they can claim that they lost to "mighty SEC teams" instead of having to explain how they keep losing to "lowly, li'l ol' TCU." Yes, I tried determining how much punctuation I could fit into the smallest space there. They make the TV money they want without having to worry about competing for a NC. They will never be expected to win as long as Saban is in their conference, no matter how much they just paid Jimbo. His undated NC trophy is for when Saban retires. High pay for mediocrity...it's the snowflake way!

Eight

ASU and the UofA will never leave the Pac 12. Colorado, Nebraska & Iowa would be the choices that make the most sense, but I don't see it happening unless there is a larger realignment.

iowa? iowa is not going anywhere as mentioned above because of the academic perception of being in the big 10 and their ties to the upper midwest including the chicago area.

there are not good choices to add. the mistake was allowing teams to leave due to the environment and lack of leadership in the conference which, interesting thought, was why arkansas left the swc.

Last edited:

Wexahu

iowa? iowa is not going anywhere as mentioned above because of the academic perception of being in the big 10 and their ties to the upper midwest including the chicago area.

there are not good choices to add. the mistake was allowing teams to leave due to the environment and lack of leadership in the conference which, interesting thought, was why arkansas left the sec.

The irony is that TCU wouldn't be in the Big 12 if other schools didn't leave, so I have a hard time calling those "mistakes".

Eight

The irony is that TCU wouldn't be in the Big 12 if other schools didn't leave, so I have a hard time calling those "mistakes".

from a tcu perspective yes, but when looking at the big 12 the loss of the 4 schools was a big mistake in regards to geography, name recognition, eyeballs, etc.....

there are no good options available as to who the big 12 should add and the future of the big 12 is not simply tired of the big 12 being as competitive as possible.

texas needs to decide this is a good place for it to be and that means working for the best of the big 12 and not acting in their own best interest. funny thing is they don't have a number of great options. a good number of their fan base think the pac is the answer and so believe cdc was hired for his ties to that conference.

what they won't listen to are the issues of being tied into a conference two time zones away. unfortunately, they didn't listen when the idea was raised about the need for changes in the branding and promotion of the swc, they threw their weight around in the formation of the big 12, formed their own network instead of a conference network, and i don't believe are dealing in good faith about the future of the big 12.

Froginbedford

there are not good choices to add. the mistake was allowing teams to leave due to the environment and lack of leadership in the conference which, interesting thought, was why arkansas left the sec.

Arkansas left the SWC....