• The KillerFrogs

Interesting story on UCLA football money problems

gofor2

I have a cousin that went to UCLA. I visited him a few times while he was there.
The stadium (Rose Bowl) is over 25 miles from campus. You get stuck in traffic and it eats away at your soul

gofor2

to be honest, neither the Coliseum nor the Rose Bowl are all that great for college football.
The way they are laid out and how acoustics work, doesn't make for a great game day atmosphere.

East Coast

Tier 1
I have a cousin that went to UCLA. I visited him a few times while he was there.
The stadium (Rose Bowl) is over 25 miles from campus. You get stuck in traffic and it eats away at your soul
This is correct. It's almost like TCU students having to go to Dallas to see the Frogs play home games. The Coliseum, on the other hand is basically across the street from USC.

It's just ridiculous. When the USC/UCLA game is played at the Rose Bowl, the USC kids have to travel less than 10 miles while the UCLA students have to go over 25 (and they are the home team). Just think of this, UCLA would need to charter over 130 buses to take the number of students TCU gets at home games to their games.

gofor2

This is correct. It's almost like TCU students having to go to Dallas to see the Frogs play home games. The Coliseum, on the other hand is basically across the street from USC.

It's just ridiculous. When the USC/UCLA game is played at the Rose Bowl, the USC kids have to travel less than 10 miles while the UCLA students have to go over 25 (and they are the home team). Just think of this, UCLA would need to charter over 130 buses to take the number of students TCU gets at home games to their games.
I agree and would emphasize- it's not only the mileage that sucks, but the time required to complete the trip.
It's not unheard of for this 25 mile trip to take 2 hours. One way.