• The KillerFrogs

Inadvertent whistle late in the SMU game

BleedNPurple

Sonny looked very animated chewing
out the official when they were giving their explanation on the play being stopped while in progress. I’m sure the league received a film clip from TCU to add to their extensive referee blooper reels.

Rabidfrog

Our deal is that somehow we always get the good calls against WVU. The skipped in two point conversion standing in 2012, no facemask penalty for ending Trickett's career in 2014, phantom OPI that won us the game in 2017, etc. The inverse of that with the football gods is that apparently we always get bad calls against SMU.
and OU. the field goal that was called no good in 2012 or 13 in FW. The no call first down several years ago (2019) when Max and co. were driving near the end. I was at the game in 2012. I knew the officials could not see. The sun was coming right at them, and they were using their hands to shade. They should have looked at a video, though not sure the angle would have proved it. TV announcers said it looked good to them. In 2019 everyone thought Max, or one of our backs, moved the pile forward for the first. Also in 2012 an OU player was using his fists to beat one of our guys who was down on he ground, and all they gave us was a 15 yd. penalty. OU player should have been kicked out.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
In 2012 that was Tyrus Thompson who was on top of Stansly Maponga throwing his right hand into Stansly’s helmet - aka punching him. The ref said he was “pushing him” so no ejection. It was ridiculous.
And on the nearly-last play of that game, TCU is called for a hold, with the flag flying after the TD is scored which would have given us the win.

Tony Lema

Ticket Exchange Pass
I can remember poor ZebraFrog explaining that the Officials are the biggest fans of the game you could imagine, and that they take their charge as "Guardians of the Game" very, very seriously. He also used to take painstaking care in explaining to many how what we were seeing had an explanation that did not involve crookedness, or bias, but only our misunderstanding of the mechanics of officiating. There were also times in which he was quite critical of Officials for either not being in the right place to see something, or being too cowardly to stand up for what was right.

In this case, the BIGXII Offices have a real problem on their hands. The Whelp of Walt is running a crew that has screwed over the Frogs twice running now. That such nepotism is taking place is unsurprising, but what is surprising is the lack of competence seen in this crew. Yes, they did a number on us, over and over, but the nature of the calls were near-comical in their ineptitude. While I am aware that the BIGXII has never been thought of as being the Acme of Officiating, we weren't the nadir, either. I thought getting rid of that awful Obama Ref was a step in the right direction (Heh. Now he's the B1G's problem!), but it seems we've slid two steps back with this new imbecile and his gang of thieves.

Randy Christal and his gang had it in for the Frogs. They screwed us out of our first BIGXII game (vs. Iowa S
I can remember poor ZebraFrog explaining that the Officials are the biggest fans of the game you could imagine, and that they take their charge as "Guardians of the Game" very, very seriously. He also used to take painstaking care in explaining to many how what we were seeing had an explanation that did not involve crookedness, or bias, but only our misunderstanding of the mechanics of officiating. There were also times in which he was quite critical of Officials for either not being in the right place to see something, or being too cowardly to stand up for what was right.

In this case, the BIGXII Offices have a real problem on their hands. The Whelp of Walt is running a crew that has screwed over the Frogs twice running now. That such nepotism is taking place is unsurprising, but what is surprising is the lack of competence seen in this crew. Yes, they did a number on us, over and over, but the nature of the calls were near-comical in their ineptitude. While I am aware that the BIGXII has never been thought of as being the Acme of Officiating, we weren't the nadir, either. I thought getting rid of that awful Obama Ref was a step in the right direction (Heh. Now he's the B1G's problem!), but it seems we've slid two steps back with this new imbecile and his gang of thieves.

Randy Christal and his gang had it in for the Frogs. They screwed us out of our first BIGXII game (vs. Iowa State), and probably the biggest BIGXII game to date (You know which game that is). The only good thing about that [ "illegitimate Baylor boy" ]'s career was his retirement. Good riddance. It absolutely annoys me that there is another crew that will be a monstrous impediment for the Frogs going forward.
Zebra Frog used to provide a lot of good, accurate insight here.

Deep Purple

Zebra Frog used to provide a lot of good, accurate insight here.
His season seats used to be right behind and just to the right of mine at the old ACS. All I had to do was turn my head, and we had many a conversation about calls and officials.

I don't remember the game or the call (we were having a great season, so it was either 2003 or 2005), but the Frogs received a blatantly bad flag that drew a really loud chorus of boo's from the home crowd. I threw an inquisitive look at Zebra Frog, and for once he was red-faced and speechless. I said, "That's okay, Bill. Zebras are like cops -- they never rat on each other."

Only time I ever caught him with nothing to say.