• The KillerFrogs

In case you missed Jason Phillips’s Tweet

Paradoxotaur

giphy.gif

HFrog1999

Your entitled to your opinion but if someone doesn't speak up about the way some schools cheat when they recruit how will the problem ever be solved

How do they continue to get away with it?

Is it because no one really cares to investigate it? Or is it because they’re really good at concealing it?

MTfrog5

Is it because no one really cares to investigate it? Or is it because they’re really good at concealing it?
I’m interested in this answer. Also Jason you should write a book about different stories with recruits.

JwP

They are really good at concealing it, they use places like the church to wash the money and leave no paper trail or just hand them a lot of cash from a booster but they have perfected the art of paying guys without anybody being able to find a paper trail to prove it. I played with a lot of guys in the NFL that got well over 100,000$ to sign with their school and nobody ever knows bc of the way they do it and the fact that their compliance offices don't do a good job of making sure it doesn't happen, they just look the other way so they don't lose their jobs. Hell Nick Saban doesn't even let the compliance people come over and into their offices so there is no way they can enforce the rules when they aren't allowed to do their jobs

Frog-in-law1995

Your entitled to your opinion but if someone doesn't speak up about the way some schools cheat when they recruit how will the problem ever be solved

Everybody knows there’s cheating going on. A twitter rant without specific evidence isn’t going to accomplish anything but look like sour grapes. If you know something specific, don’t [ muschi ]foot around it with cryptic tweets about churches as fronts and innuendo about hypocrisy. Share. My two cents.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It will never be "solved" because there is such a monstrous financial benefit to a great number of people. Of course the "system" is a joke, what when $cam Newton literally auctions himself off, and the NCAA can't seem to find anything wrong with it. Or the Miami scandal with a dude who actually kept the receipts from the various strip clubs he took recruits to, but, again, the NCAA did an "Oopsie!" and no punishment was meted out.

Hell, just look 80 miles south! Think anybody at Rape U. will get so much as a hangnail from all that? Nope.

SEC is truly screw-their-pants-on crooked. Have been for years. It is common knowledge. The illusion is that there is an agency out there keeping things on the up and up, when the reality is there is no controlling authority whatsoever save the need for a small amount of discretion. There is no desire on the part of anyone to see that the current system is curbed. Only kept under wraps.

JwP

Everybody knows there’s cheating going on. A twitter rant without specific evidence isn’t going to accomplish anything but look like sour grapes. If you know something specific, don’t [ muschi ]foot around it with cryptic tweets about churches as fronts and innuendo about hypocrisy. Share. My two cents.
No but I guess the thing to do then is what everybody else does and stay quiet so they don't piss anybody off, I personally don't care who I piss off. If you cheat you should be called just that a cheater and if I'm the one that has to do it then great I like pissing people off

IncognitoFrog

JP is right, most people on here have no clue what it’s like out there and the grind of playing big time college football. I certainly don’t, other than talking to players at TCU and other big schools. TCU is unique in that we play by the rules more than most and still get grilled because we are located in a big city with journalists (with giant egos) trying to make a name for themselves on the national stage and saying outrageous stuff. Is it fair? No, not in my opinion.

On to JP’s anger... with all respect, I hope you take a deep breath and find a better way to engage people that disagree with you. You sound like someone on the verge of being charged with assault. Maybe you already have? I don’t know, but you are definitely painting a target on your back for the powers at be that control ‘the system’ and they will exploit your weaknesses to discredit you. Good luck to you in finding peace while also calling out the hypocrisies!

Go Frogs!

JwP

It will never be "solved" because there is such a monstrous financial benefit to a great number of people. Of course the "system" is a joke, what when $cam Newton literally auctions himself off, and the NCAA can't seem to find anything wrong with it. Or the Miami scandal with a dude who actually kept the receipts from the various strip clubs he took recruits to, but, again, the NCAA did an "Oopsie!" and no punishment was meted out.

Hell, just look 80 miles south! Think anybody at Rape U. will get so much as a hangnail from all that? Nope.

SEC is truly screw-their-pants-on crooked. Have been for years. It is common knowledge. The illusion is that there is an agency out there keeping things on the up and up, when the reality is there is no controlling authority whatsoever save the need for a small amount of discretion. There is no desire on the part of anyone to see that the current system is curbed. Only kept under wraps.
Cam
JP is right, most people on here have no clue what it’s like out there and the grind of playing big time college football. I certainly don’t, other than talking to players at TCU and other big schools. TCU is unique in that we play by the rules more than most and still get grilled because we are located in a big city with journalists (with giant egos) trying to make a name for themselves on the national stage and saying outrageous stuff. Is it fair? No, not in my opinion.

On to JP’s anger... with all respect, I hope you take a deep breath and find a better way to engage people that disagree with you. You sound like someone on the verge of being charged with assault. Maybe you already have? I don’t know, but you are definitely painting a target on your back for the powers at be that control ‘the system’ and they will exploit your weaknesses to discredit you. Good luck to you in finding peace while also calling out the hypocrisies!

Go Frogs!
You may be right and I say bring them on. You wont see me flinch and I doubt they want to come at me too hard bc of the overwhelming number of guys I played with in the NFL that would be more than happy to discuss how they were recruited. It's very simple the system needs a overhaul or there will always be nothing but 10 to 15 teams that get all of the great recruits by cheating and those are the same teams that end up in the CFP every year. so they can come at me all day nobody paid me to come to school even though there were a few coaches who "enticed" me with other things but I was hooked on TCU when I stepped foot on campus for the first time on.

netty2424

Cam

You may be right and I say bring them on. You wont see me flinch and I doubt they want to come at me too hard bc of the overwhelming number of guys I played with in the NFL that would be more than happy to discuss how they were recruited. It's very simple the system needs a overhaul or there will always be nothing but 10 to 15 teams that get all of the great recruits by cheating and those are the same teams that end up in the CFP every year. so they can come at me all day nobody paid me to come to school even though there were a few coaches who "enticed" me with other things but I was hooked on TCU when I stepped foot on campus for the first time on.
What’s the solution? Compensating players?

JwP

What’s the solution? Compensating players?
That's a possible solution and the push back on that is how do you pay them all the same and the answer is you shouldn't. Call it there first lesson in capitalism, but its no different than how coaches get compensated. if you good enough to go to Alabama then you should get paid more than someone who goes to North Texas, people who work at really good law firms make a substantial amount more than people who work at smaller less prominent law firms so I don't see the difference in a kid who plays at Bama and a kid who plays at Tulsa.

Moose Stuff

That's a possible solution and the push back on that is how do you pay them all the same and the answer is you shouldn't. Call it there first lesson in capitalism, but its no different than how coaches get compensated. if you good enough to go to Alabama then you should get paid more than someone who goes to North Texas, people who work at really good law firms make a substantial amount more than people who work at smaller less prominent law firms so I don't see the difference in a kid who plays at Bama and a kid who plays at Tulsa.

So Bama will get to pay the most, Clemson the second most, Notre Dame the 3rd most...... and we’ve still got the same 10-15 teams you mentioned above dominating every year.

I see no solution to the issue. No matter what you do someone will always cheat.

Leap Frog

Cam

This is a hypo, because I'm dumb and don't know the answer:
Could a big time attorney be hired to go up against this corruption?
If so, and enough people care, maybe a fund could be founded to pay for his services.