• The KillerFrogs

Important Article re: PAC12

LisaLT

Generally speaking players enter the portal to either transfer or to explore options. There is no requirement to leave. And players can't talk to other schools (or maybe more accurately, schools can't talk to them) unless they are in the portal.

While it's a little off-putting, it's not different from any of us interviewing for another job while remaining on the payroll of our current employer.
with the exception that when looking for another job, you keep it on the DL. I suppose with these players having to enter the portal, no one is blindsided if they leave and sign elsewhere.

:)

FrogCop19

with the exception that when looking for another job, you keep it on the DL. I suppose with these players having to enter the portal, no one is blindsided if they leave and sign elsewhere.

:)
On top of that, they are very purposeful in letting their schools know so they can sell their wares to the highest bidder. It's a bit like competitive prostitution? LOL

NewFrogFan

It seems like now is a great time for someone to come in and completely overhaul college football and usher in an expanded play off era. Throw out all the old way of thinking and move them into the 21st Century much like Jerry Jones did with the NFL. I feel like at the school level ADs and marketing departments are reshaping game day. TCU is a great example. It seems like everything is for sale (I don't like it but it probably won't change). I am convinced Frog Alley was moved so that the Kelly Lawn could be sold to the highest bidder.

The old Bowl cronies need to be kicked to the curb and the playoffs be run in away that benefits college football the most.
I have always thought playoff expansion would do for football what basketball did when they expanded. In addition, in the spirit of “NIL”, make the bowls bid to be a part of the playoff. The games that dont matter now, wont matter then……for long.

I also think Saban leaving the game sooner vs later ends the dominance at the top.

RangerUte

Interesting that he said he wanted to expand the Pac's recruiting territory and was looking forward to the Pac schools dropping to 8 conference games and having a scheduling arrangement with the B1G and ACC.
This. All P5 conference schools need good inter-conference games to compare their programs. Play one FCS school, then two or three P5 opponents and then eight conference games. It used to happen before beating up on Charleston Southern became acceptable.