• The KillerFrogs

Important Article re: Conference Revenues & TV Money

Hell Sent Frog

The 2020 Census will show that Arizona will have over 7.2 million people. That is more than Kansas and Oklahoma combined.[/]

So what! Are you not very bright?
What does Oklahoma and Kansas have to do with anything, they are already in the Big 12.
They’re all sparsely populated states, why take two from the same state at this point?
Colorado and Utah add up to over 9 million.

Of course, better yet, would be to get Arizona State and Colorado, if the AZ schools are allowed to go their own way.

Eight

Why would the Big 12 want two schools from the same sparsely populated state like Arizona?
Colorado and Utah make the most sense,
at least they give you two teams from two different states and tv markets, and they also have less long time loyalties to the PAC-12.

first, the phoenix area is become quite the recruiting area

second, the proximity of the arizonia schools to so cal opens the door to conference recruiting in one of the most fertile and quite possibly the most open recruiting areas in the country

third, az and asu don't have long time ties to the pac either and have shown they are willing to spend on their athletic programs.

fourth, scheiss utah simply for not expelling byu from the state.

Mean Purple

first, the phoenix area is become quite the recruiting area

second, the proximity of the arizonia schools to so cal opens the door to conference recruiting in one of the most fertile and quite possibly the most open recruiting areas in the country

third, az and asu don't have long time ties to the pac either and have shown they are willing to spend on their athletic programs.

fourth, scheiss utah simply for not expelling byu from the state.
yeah, we seem to get some gems from out west from time to time. And we are never not in need of some good D ends and rcvrs with the wing spans of a scheissing condor.

hiphopfroggy

Plus, grabbing the Zona schools greatly weakens the Pac12 even further, making it almost impossible for USC not to follow the money trail to the Big12. Unless some Black Swan event causes a Pac12 money windfall in the meantime.
The Zona schools are ready to jump ship yesterday, book it.

HG73

Plus, grabbing the Zona schools greatly weakens the Pac12 even further, making it almost impossible for USC not to follow the money trail to the Big12. Unless some Black Swan event causes a Pac12 money windfall in the meantime.
The Zona schools are ready to jump ship yesterday, book it.
Any two of the rump four is fine. We'll end up with Utah and Colorado, but that's fine.

Hell Sent Frog

Any two of the rump four is fine. We'll end up with Utah and Colorado, but that's fine.

The two schools in the ACC that I feel the Big 12 would have the best chance of adding would be Louisville and Georgia Tech.
All of the other ACC schools have instate rivalries that they would probably want to keep playing or geographically the schools hug the East coast.

Eight

The two schools in the ACC that I feel the Big 12 would have the best chance of adding would be Louisville and Georgia Tech.
All of the other ACC schools have instate rivalries that they would probably want to keep playing or geographically the schools hug the East coast.

why would the conference want to go east and pick up two schools they really have no other schools in close proximity?

Atomic Frawg

And don't forget this number floated doesn't count Longhorn Network money for UT and the new ESPN Sports Oklahoma and ESPN Sports Southwest for OU's and TCU's tier 3 money for one football game a year broadcast, some men's basketball, and TCU and OU baseball broadcasts.

I bet the two Arizona schools sniff around the Big XII this round. It would make sense and CDC came from Arizona before Rice.
Seems I missed something. When were these stations and deals announced? Is the conference not exploring options with streaming services or twitter for more B12 content? Right now on YTTV the B10, ACC, and SEC all have channels playing their content. I've been yearning for sports from this area, but ain't no love in the heart of the city.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Portland Frog

I wonder how Apple and Amazon’s foray into streaming live sports could impact future deals? Amazon will broadcast some English Premier League games and presumably Apple is trying to get some NFL games.

Eight

Seems I missed something. When were these stations and deals announced? Is the conference not exploring options with streaming services or twitter for more B12 content? Right now on YTTV the B10, ACC, and SEC all have channels playing their content. I've been yearning for sports from this area, but ain't no love in the heart of the city.

sure someone on this site can explain, but if texas and ou have their own channels for rebroadcasting their own library of games that really doesn't leave a big number of potential eyeballs to sell for rebroadcast

Yea lots of confusion in this thread now.

The Big 12 will have 8 out of 10 teams producing and showing content on ESPN+ this year and each year going forward. The content will be mostly Tier 2-3... 1 football game, a smattering of basketball, and pretty much 100% of everything else.

OU has a deal with FOX Sports and will keep their programming on those networks, except for away games which will be on ESPN+. Texas has their Longhorn Network and will keep their home games on it, same thing re: away games like OU.

So, the Big 12 has the following TV deals going forward:

Tier 1: 60/40 Fox Sports and ESPN
Tier 2: 60/40 ESPN and Fox Sports
Tier 3: 80% ESPN, 10% Sooner Sports, 10% Longhorn Network

Where to watch TCU games:

ESPN family of cable networks
ESPN+
Fox
FS1
FS2
Occasional OU game on FSSW or other regionals