• The KillerFrogs

I'm Warming Up To Briles

vicarfrog

this offense still is struggling for an identity and a big part of that comes from issues in the offensive line. the frogs continue to struggle to run the ball inside or in short yardage situations

part of that is the injury (ies) of coleman, the growing pains of taylor-whitfield and deery, and the frogs REALLY miss avila and ali

injuries at receiver have slowed the continuity in the offense as well.

Definitely agree with you. I do think week by week the pieces are coming together.

Eight

Definitely agree with you. I do think week by week the pieces are coming together.

we definitely see positive steps intertwined with inconsistencies

the best part of the game is once again tcu took control in the second half of the game. tough part for the offense is i am not sure if there is a real solution for the run game issues outside of having to wait for young players to improve, very similar to the issues in the defensive line

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Offense is good, piling up big numbers. We are leaving points on the field, bogging down in the red zone settling for FGs or in some cases coming away with no points. Improve that, with the improving defense, and we are a serious contender for the conference title again.

East Coast

Tier 1
“Git summmm…Chik Fil’a!!! Hmmmm, which one of these buttons calls Kendall to pick me up and give me a ride home?”
As one that refuses to eat at that place, I find it more damning that Art was there than what he was wearing. Why shouldn't he support his son.

Interestingly, It's becoming clearer that Riley rode the talent on last year's team to the Clemson gig.

Kendall's play calling in the red zone feels like he throws darts at his playbook to randomly choose plays.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
As one that refuses to eat at that place, I find it more damning that Art was there than what he was wearing. Why shouldn't he support his son.

Interestingly, It's becoming clearer that Riley rode the talent on last year's team to the Clemson gig.

Kendall's play calling in the red zone feels like he throws darts at his playbook to randomly choose plays.
He should support his son, especially as pay back for all he did to help keep a lid on all those doings down in Waco — and neither one of them should be wearing a TCU logo.

eh0215

I know a lot of people were critical of his red-zone calls, but I thought this was his best-called game this year. Really nice play designs.
That first TD to Wiley was a gorgeous play.

The way we use TEs in this offense is glorious. There's legitimately 4 dangerous TE types on this roster and it's awesome to watch. Wiley looks like an NFL body out there already.

Traveling Frog

I know a lot of people were critical of his red-zone calls, but I thought this was his best-called game this year. Really nice play designs.
Briles is doing a good job outside of the redzone. They had a stat in the redzone before the smu game that we were 113 ranked in the redzone. He keeps calling scripted plays to fool the defense in the redzone where Morris really only has 1 option. That is what caused all three interceptions near the goal line. Do standard plays and give Morris the opportunity to complete a pass. Also how it the online this bad? We didn’t chase any offensive lineman in the portal.

Eight

Briles is doing a good job outside of the redzone. They had a stat in the redzone before the smu game that we were 113 ranked in the redzone. He keeps calling scripted plays to fool the defense in the redzone where Morris really only has 1 option. That is what caused all three interceptions near the goal line. Do standard plays and give Morris the opportunity to complete a pass. Also how it the online this bad? We didn’t chase any offensive lineman in the portal.

they did go after some offensive linemen, picked up two, coleman is hurt, and you have a group of older linemen who haven't developed, but i guess they should have not only filled every potential hole, but known about the issue before they actually had the issue

EVOfrogMR

I'm still not particularly happy about the whole situation, but will admit that our new OC does know a bit about football. I thought CM had his best normal game (excluding Baylor 2021) and when he's throwing accurate passes the scheme works much better.

Horny4TCU

Sonny used up his goodwill with me by insisting on that hire, but until (and if) information comes out about Briles misbehaving, I'm going to let it lie.
See, I fully understand and almost relate to this stance.

But I don't know, seeing him make an effort on the Alma Mater and teaching his kids to do the frog and sing it too, just hits different. Maybe it's snake oil, but I have to think it's sincere if he's got his kids doing it.