• The KillerFrogs

(I'M AN IDIOT & DO NOT FOLLOW RULES) is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
QUOTE(oldscribe @ Mar 23 2009, 08:10 AM) [snapback]311869[/snapback]
chill, guys. I discovered the other day that a common Latin word that I used in a post was automatically bleeped on here because it is spelled like a word for male ejaculate. Somehow the world went on.

I say Scruum!

Why The Furor?

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(oldscribe @ Mar 23 2009, 09:10 AM) [snapback]311869[/snapback]
chill, guys. I discovered the other day that a common Latin word that I used in a post was automatically bleeped on here because it is spelled like a word for male ejaculate. Somehow the world went on.

You were just trying to say they were "with" a certain type of young dog.

BABYFACE

Are the so-called mispronounced curse words of Roman Morroney from the movie Johnny Dangerously out of Bounds? Ex: fargin, icehole or bastage. I laugh when I think of that movie.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Mar 23 2009, 12:44 PM) [snapback]311984[/snapback]
Are the so-called mispronounced curse words of Roman Morroney from the movie Johnny Dangerously out of Bounds? Ex: fargin, icehole or bastage. I laugh when I think of that movie.

Been using them for years now.

So far, so good. :biggrin:

T

TCU2314

QUOTE(OmniscienceFrog @ Mar 22 2009, 06:18 PM) [snapback]311716[/snapback]
Why are we getting LSU and Wisc-Green Bay on ESPN2 in Fort Worth?

I am on Charter and got the entire game from start to finish.
Are you sure you live in "Fort Worth?"

T

TCU2314

QUOTE(SFA Frog @ Mar 23 2009, 08:02 AM) [snapback]311851[/snapback]
Would they allow that in your newspaper? :ph34r:

You are comparing a message board to a newspaper??????????? :wacko:
This is what is wrong with today's world.
It frightens me.
Unfrozen-Caveman-Lawyer-Phil-Hartman.jpg

T

TCU2314

QUOTE(RadioShackFrog @ Mar 23 2009, 12:48 PM) [snapback]311986[/snapback]
Been using them for years now.
So far, so good. :biggrin:

Hey Shack, why does your boy steel think I am sucking up to you?
Uh, I mean, 2314 wants to know why Shack feels steel feels that 2314 is sucking up to Shack.
I think.

SFA Frog

QUOTE(TCU2314 @ Mar 23 2009, 12:59 PM) [snapback]311997[/snapback]
You are comparing a message board to a newspaper??????????? :wacko:
This is what is wrong with today's world.
It frightens me.
Unfrozen-Caveman-Lawyer-Phil-Hartman.jpg

No, Top did.

Dear Lord, my last prayer evidently didn't work. 2314 still can't read. :tongue:

T

TCU2314

QUOTE(SFA Frog @ Mar 23 2009, 01:10 PM) [snapback]312007[/snapback]
No, Top did.

Dear Lord, my last prayer evidently didn't work. 2314 still can't read. :tongue:

sknaht rof gniyarp rof em

ectofrog

QUOTE(Scott @ Mar 23 2009, 02:30 AM) [snapback]311829[/snapback]
As I had edited into my previous post....you are a valued member. We certainly appreciate the donations. However, we have never solicited your donations.

Your opinion was a veiled threat... to encourage others to withdraw support of this board. I do not appreciate that innuendo. Just because you feel we need to lighten up & not respond in a way that you feel is inappropriate.

It wasn't a veiled threat. It was me commenting that if I were the one that had just been called an idiot for using a chat acronym, I personally would not be renewing any yearly donation. It was more a way of saying, "maybe this is something you should think about when assessing this policy." I'm not encouraging anyone to withdraw support of this board. I'm not even planning on withdrawing my support personally.

We will continue to keep this a family friendly forum. Read the rules. Follow the rules. I do not care what other boards do or not do as far as adult content, profanity or vulgarities.

I was responding specifically to your claim that you guys are "VERY liberal here." I don't think you ought to care what other boards do...I was just informing you that the "very liberal" comment was simply inaccurate based on web forums in general.

Constructive criticism is always welcomed. You have stated your opinion clearly. However, you knew the rules before this started. You just do not agree. That is ok. Just know that is not how it works around here.

Obviously, I know how it works around here and I don't think I've broken any rules. Yes, what I'm saying is I don't agree, but like I've said, it's your board and you're obviously free to do whatever you want.

ectofrog

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Mar 23 2009, 08:30 AM) [snapback]311857[/snapback]
Idiot.

Ahh, Frogdaddy displaying his usual level of class.

ectofrog

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Mar 23 2009, 09:02 AM) [snapback]311864[/snapback]
If you want those thngs, there are other boards for that. Ecto, tell us what board to meet at and we can drop bombs and other vulgarities, maybe post a fart sound, and giggle like school girls.

Top, as is becoming fairly normal when you and I get into something, you have completely misunderstood (or chosen to misunderstand so you can attempt to lampoon) my point. I don't advocate for profanity being allowed here...I don't even care if the abbreviations or acronyms alluding to profanity are allowed here. I simply find it hypocritical to tell people to keep it clean and family friendly while calling them idiots. I think one or the other path should be chosen.

It's pretty simple. On your board you can have your rules. This is Scott's and Wes' board and they have their rules. Follow them, or not. Surely you can live with that.

This is what I'm talking about. I've acknowledged that this is Scott and Wes' board from the moment I entered this thread, I HAVE followed their rules so far as I'm aware, so obviously I CAN live with that. All I was doing was registering an opinion. Why on earth did you find it necessary to state the above at all?

Ecto, your complaint has been registered and Scott and Wes can decide to alter that or not. Their choice. As is it yours to continue participating here.

I know my complaint has been registered...the dialog between he and I had already started before you posted this (and he said specifically that the constructive criticism is welcomed and that I've stated my opinion clearly). So I'll file this one in the Department of Redundancy Department. And though it might dismay you, I'm not going anywhere.

O

oldscribe

QUOTE(RadioShackFrog @ Mar 23 2009, 08:14 AM) [snapback]311870[/snapback]
Are you sure?

Perhaps the world was destroyed and we were simultaneously projected into a parallel universe so that we could continue our meaningless, consumer-driven lives unabated.
Could happen......

There's always that...but then how do you explain the Jonas Brothers?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(oldscribe @ Mar 23 2009, 03:14 PM) [snapback]312108[/snapback]
There's always that...but then how do you explain the Jonas Brothers?

Some things just defy explanation. Dr. Phil's continued existence springs to mind.

BABYFACE

QUOTE(RadioShackFrog @ Mar 23 2009, 03:20 PM) [snapback]312112[/snapback]
Some things just defy explanation. Dr. Phil's continued existence springs to mind.

Yep, and Dr. PHil and the Jonas Bros are from the N. Texas area in which we live in. Does that further the theory or dispel it?

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Mar 23 2009, 02:34 PM) [snapback]312124[/snapback]
Yep, and Dr. PHil and the Jonas Bros are from the N. Texas area in which we live in. Does that further the theory or dispel it?

If you put Kevin Bacon in the loop.....it rules out all conspiracy theories.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Mar 23 2009, 03:34 PM) [snapback]312124[/snapback]

Phil's an Okie. The Jonases are from New Jersey. Makes you wonder if there isn't some metaphysical black hole that draws evil here.

Certainly would explain Texas A&M.........

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Mar 23 2009, 03:34 PM) [snapback]312124[/snapback]

Throw in Jessica Simpson and what does that due to the theories...

BABYFACE

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Mar 23 2009, 03:41 PM) [snapback]312133[/snapback]
Throw in Jessica Simpson and what does that due to the theories...

I am not sure, but I know it supports the theory that I enjoy looking at Jessica Simpson. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.