• The KillerFrogs

(I'M AN IDIOT & DO NOT FOLLOW RULES) is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Mar 22 2009, 06:34 PM) [snapback]311727[/snapback]
Sounds to me that its a blessing in disguise. Ouch.

Yeah, I wouldn't be watching it anymore at this point anyway, so it turns out it didn't matter.

gonzy

QUOTE(OmniscienceFrog @ Mar 22 2009, 05:44 PM) [snapback]311735[/snapback]
Yeah, I wouldn't be watching it anymore at this point anyway, so it turns out it didn't matter.

we are being out coached and out everything. totaly unprepared. i guess coach took this team too lightly.

ectofrog

In response to the title change in the subject line...calling someone an idiot is worse than someone typing an acronym for a word that's "BAD." Also, calling someone an idiot while putting a quotation instead of an apostrophe is lol. This board is owned by people and they can do whatever they want. My opinion is that they've gone too far. If I were Omniscience Frog, I would not be renewing my donation to people who publicly call me an idiot.

Bandwagon

QUOTE(ectofrog @ Mar 23 2009, 03:02 AM) [snapback]311795[/snapback]
In response to the title change in the subject line...calling someone an idiot is worse than someone typing an acronym for a word that's "BAD." Also, calling someone an idiot while putting a quotation instead of an apostrophe is lol. This board is owned by people and they can do whatever they want. My opinion is that they've gone too far. If I were Omniscience Frog, I would not be renewing my donation to people who publicly call me an idiot.

This post 'is lol'. Some of you guys take this stuff too seriously.

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(ectofrog @ Mar 22 2009, 10:02 PM) [snapback]311795[/snapback]

Well, there seems to be at least one string puller that gets easily offended by mild adult conversation. Whatever, I can live with it.

The only reason I joined was to help out Wes and I don't think he's responsible.

I know some people here might like what I have to say sometimes and some that don't like what I have to say anytime, but I'm willing to let the individual readers and posters decide who the idiot's really are.

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
QUOTE(ectofrog @ Mar 22 2009, 09:02 PM) [snapback]311795[/snapback]
This board is owned by people and they can do whatever they want. My opinion is that they've gone too far. If I were Omniscience Frog, I would not be renewing my donation to people who publicly call me an idiot.

The rules of this board are relatively simple. Do not confuse much appreciated donations with the continued use of forbidden acronyms. That threat does not hunt with me. We are VERY liberal here.

The warnings have been many. They have been repeated over and over on this board. Not sure why you would consider the I'm an Idiot insert....any kind of an insult for not following the rules. We consider that a good natured reminder & a simple slap on the wrist. By not following rules......you are calling the moderators, administrators & owners.....idiots.

Not sure why you picked this out to complain about. You & OmniscienceFrog will live. You both are longtime & much appreciated members.

ectofrog

QUOTE(Scott @ Mar 23 2009, 01:42 AM) [snapback]311823[/snapback]
The rules of this board are relatively simple. Do not confuse much appreciated donations with the continued use of forbidden acronyms. That threat does not hunt with me. We are VERY liberal here.

The warnings have been many. They have been repeated over and over on this board. Not sure why you would consider the I'm an Idiot any kind of an insult for not following the rules. We consider that a good natured reminder & a simple slap on the wrist. By not following rules......you are calling the moderators, administrators & owners.....idiots.

You're actually not very liberal here if you're comparing yourselves to the message board community at-large. I'm a member of several forums ranging far and wide in topic, level of formality, and style of moderation. On not one of them are basic chat acronyms that allude to profanity banned.

"Forbidden acronyms" -- I have to say just saying that out loud makes me laugh. Anyway, I don't confuse anything...I'm not saying donations should entitle one to different rules. I'm saying I had no idea that chat acronyms were banned on top of the actual profanity, and that if you'd manually gone to the title of one of my posts and called me an idiot (as opposed to a profanity filter that reminds me immediately when I review the post so I can change it up), you wouldn't be receiving any more of my money. Whatever you want to do with that is completely up to you.

When Omniscience titled this thread WT- (I blocked the "F" out of the acronym so as not to violate the forbidden acronym rule :wacko:) is going on, that wasn't him calling you or any of your co-owners/workers idiots. And really, if you think so, you probably need to lighten up a little bit. Like I've said, it's ya'lls site and you can do whatever you want with it. But as a member who devotes a lot of time to this site and, yes, who ponies up some money to help keep it going, it doesn't seem out of line to express an opinion.

My opinion is this...I find it hypocritical to go to these lengths to keep the board "clean" but call people idiots in the process. If the standard has anything to do with the C in TCU, I don't know that Jesus would find calling someone an idiot any better or worse than alluding to the F-word.

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
QUOTE(ectofrog @ Mar 23 2009, 12:59 AM) [snapback]311826[/snapback]
You're actually not very liberal here if you're comparing yourselves to the message board community at-large. I'm a member of several forums ranging far and wide in topic, level of formality, and style of moderation. On not one of them are basic chat acronyms that allude to profanity banned.

"Forbidden acronyms" -- I have to say just saying that out loud makes me laugh. Anyway, I don't confuse anything...I'm not saying donations should entitle one to different rules. I'm saying I had no idea that chat acronyms were banned on top of the actual profanity, and that if you'd manually gone to the title of one of my posts and called me an idiot (as opposed to a profanity filter that reminds me immediately when I review the post so I can change it up), you wouldn't be receiving any more of my money. Whatever you want to do with that is completely up to you.

When Omniscience titled this thread WT- (I blocked the "F" out of the acronym so as not to violate the forbidden acronym rule :wacko:) is going on, that wasn't him calling you or any of your co-owners/workers idiots. And really, if you think so, you probably need to lighten up a little bit. Like I've said, it's ya'lls site and you can do whatever you want with it. But as a member who devotes a lot of time to this site and, yes, who ponies up some money to help keep it going, it doesn't seem out of line to express an opinion.

My opinion is this...I find it hypocritical to go to these lengths to keep the board "clean" but call people idiots in the process.

As I had edited into my previous post....you are a valued member. We certainly appreciate the donations. However, we have never solicited your donations.

Your opinion was a veiled threat... to encourage others to withdraw support of this board. I do not appreciate that innuendo. Just because you feel we need to lighten up & not respond in a way that you feel is inappropriate.

We offer a great value to this board.....free. Most of the forum members, follow the rules without incident. Even had several pm me & say "I deserved the Idiot comment"

We will continue to keep this a family friendly forum. Read the rules. Follow the rules. I do not care what other boards do or not do as far as adult content, profanity or vulgarities.

Constructive criticism is always welcomed. You have stated your opinion clearly. However, you knew the rules before this started. You just do not agree. That is ok. Just know that is not how it works around here.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

It's pretty simple. On your board you can have your rules. This is Scott's and Wes' board and they have their rules. Follow them, or not. Surely you can live with that. If you are truly offended by what happens if you use a banned word, phrase or acronym then you truly need a cream around that taco of yours.

They are trying to run a family board. they don't allow that acronym for the same reason I wouldn't use it in a headline of my newspaper. It's not appropriate in a family publication or a board where people of ages come to read and talk about TCU.

SFA Frog

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Mar 23 2009, 07:03 AM) [snapback]311844[/snapback]
It's pretty simple. On your board you can have your rules. This is Scott's and Wes' board and they have their rules. Follow them, or not. Surely you can live with that. If you are truly offended by what happens if you use a banned word, phrase or acronym then you truly need a cream around that taco of yours.

They are trying to run a family board. they don't allow that acronym for the same reason I wouldn't use it in a headline of my newspaper. It's not appropriate in a family publication or a board where people of ages come to read and talk about TCU.

Would they allow that in your newspaper? :ph34r:

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Mar 23 2009, 07:03 AM) [snapback]311844[/snapback]
They are trying to run a family board.

Who would be the uncle nobody wants to talk about?

Wait.....don't answer that....

FROGDADDY

Idiot.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(SFA Frog @ Mar 23 2009, 08:02 AM) [snapback]311851[/snapback]
Would they allow that in your newspaper? :ph34r:

Maybe if I were writing a review of Taco Casa.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Mar 23 2009, 08:30 AM) [snapback]311857[/snapback]
Idiot.

First, who really is going to be offended by that? It's humorous if you don't take yourself too seriously. Plus, it also has a message for people -- that you can express yourself using a wide array of non-vulgarities actually contained within the English language.

What is it about Scott's sig people not seem to understand about his core beliefs and values?

What about the changes he instituted when becoming owner (now co-owner) concerning the kinds of pictures some were posting? The language being used? That's what got me into most of my troubles as a moderator, was trying to enforce those new rules for him.

Sure, today everyone with an anonymous handle on a message board has to be offended about something. Whooppee. Omni is a good guy and big boy. If he is offended by that and wishes to no longer support the board through paid membership or his participation, that will be his choice, just like it is anyone else's based on the board's value.

Ecto, your complaint has been registered and Scott and Wes can decide to alter that or not. Their choice. As is it yours to continue participating here.

I like that this is a board with some values, that wants to be a place where any TCU fan regardess of age or gender can come here and not feel offended. We are not UT or A&M or OU. My mother years ago came to the board to read about TCU news and get TCU info. This should be a place that if she wants to come back and visit, she feels OK knowing that she won't be bombarded by pictures of nude women and a bombardment of foul language.

If you want those thngs, there are other boards for that. Ecto, tell us what board to meet at and we can drop bombs and other vulgarities, maybe post a fart sound, and giggle like school girls.

O

oldscribe

chill, guys. I discovered the other day that a common Latin word that I used in a post was automatically bleeped on here because it is spelled like a word for male ejaculate. Somehow the world went on.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(oldscribe @ Mar 23 2009, 09:10 AM) [snapback]311869[/snapback]
chill, guys. I discovered the other day that a common Latin word that I used in a post was automatically bleeped on here because it is spelled like a word for male ejaculate. Somehow the world went on.

Are you sure?

Perhaps the world was destroyed and we were simultaneously projected into a parallel universe so that we could continue our meaningless, consumer-driven lives unabated.

Could happen......

Status
Not open for further replies.