• The KillerFrogs

If we win out

Mr. Bigglesworth

Read it again.
I never said beating them didn’t matter... I said they were as poorly coached as us if not more so, and had every chance to win the game. I think I know what point you’re making but you’re doing an extremely poor job.

To add, your argument is implicitly false if you believe week 2 rankings = week 10 rankings. Week 2 is purely based off speculation and extrapolating past performance into future success. Past performance leads to no indication of present or futures success; and in this case, to be frank texas hasn’t been good since 2009 so that extrapolation is highly non-correlated at best to be deserving of a top 10 ranking other than pure hype. Furthermore, week 10 rankings are purely based off a body of work and consistency every week to be in the top 10. Let’s face it we squeezed out a win against a team that needed a miracle to beat Texas tech. With that said, I don’t think they’re very good, but I don’t think either team really showed up in this sloppy grotesque game of abundant penalties.

It’s nice to beat Texas every year and it’s a good win, but this team doesn’t look that good and neither does texas. Let’s enjoy the win but there are significant deficiencies within this team. I don’t know if this is responding to your quote because I still don’t think it makes sense but I did my best...

Last edited:

netty2424

I never said beating them didn’t matter... I said they were as poorly coached as us if not more so, and had every chance to win the game. I think I know what point you’re making but you’re doing an extremely poor job.

To add, your argument is implicitly false if you believe week 2 rankings = week 10 rankings. Week 2 is purely based off speculation and extrapolating past performance into future success. Past performance leads to no indication of present or futures success; and in this case, to be frank texas hasn’t been good since 2009 so that extrapolation is highly non-correlated at best to be deserving of a top 10 ranking other than pure hype. Furthermore, week 10 rankings are purely based off a body of work and consistency every week to be in the top 10. Let’s face it we squeezed out a win against a team that needed a miracle to beat Texas tech. With that said, I don’t think they’re very good, but I don’t think either team really showed up in this sloppy grotesque game of abundant penalties.

It’s nice to beat Texas every year and it’s a good win, but this team doesn’t look that good and neither does texas. Let’s enjoy the win but there are significant deficiencies within this team. I don’t know if this is responding to your quote because I still don’t think it makes sense but I did my best...
This makes no sense.

Farmfrog

I’m pretty high on this team but I don’t think we win out. Max gives us a chance but the defense, especially the front six are limited by talent, coaching and/or scheme.

The OL must get better for Max’s sake but the skill positions are loaded. Meach has to figure out a way to make the unit a an effective one. Good luck to him.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Yah beating a blue blood with perpetual top 10 recruiting classes ranked 9th doesn’t matter.

We all agree that the ranking system is supposed to be what determines how teams are measured against each other, right?

If the answer is yes, then it should be right, week 2 or week 10.
Again, you’re extrapolating high school recruit success on the college level as your reasoning for how good texas is...we’ve known for awhile they’ve had trouble developing this talent so another reason your post makes zero sense. Please fix