• The KillerFrogs

If the BCS Standings were still around...(Championship Week ed.)

Wexahu

Pretty cut and dried now. Assuming Michigan, Cincy and Okie State win.......

If Alabama wins, it's gonna come down to OSU and Cincy for that last spot. Who should get it?
If Alabama loses, it's gonna be UGA, Michigan, Cincy and OSU.

If Alabama loses and Michigan, Okie State, or Cincy loses that opens the door for a Ohio State or Baylor to sneak in.

Actually, it's not THAT cut and dried.

mwe2187

Im not saying bring back the BCS. I post this to let the standings determine the CFP teams.

To date, the CFP and the BCS simulated rankings have had the same 4 i believe every year (if I can believe reddit? - not confirmed by myself). The only part that the simulated rankings use is a different poll than what was used. There has been a difference between the CFP released weekly rankings several times, however, some of that can be attributed to a difference of the poll being used and the CFP - but they've aligned themselves by seasons end, and or that everything works itself out eventually.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Pretty cut and dried now. Assuming Michigan, Cincy and Okie State win.......

If Alabama wins, it's gonna come down to OSU and Cincy for that last spot. Who should get it?
If Alabama loses, it's gonna be UGA, Michigan, Cincy and OSU.

If Alabama loses and Michigan, Okie State, or Cincy loses that opens the door for a Ohio State or Baylor to sneak in.

Actually, it's not THAT cut and dried.
2 loss baylor?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yes, if a bunch of chips fall a certain way. Highly unlikely. Would probably need a very convincing win over OSU. Maybe that wouldn't even be enough.
I figure they would just take two loss Ohio state if that were to happen. Use body temperature clocks and time zones of teams lost to as justification. Or choose the team with highest percentage of vaccinated players. Whatever.

Mean Purple

Im not saying bring back the BCS. I post this to let the standings determine the CFP teams.
Agreed. Use the BCS model to pick 8 teams. I say 8, because 6 or 12 will just result in the powers that be making sure the likes of Ohio State, Bama, insert other fav espn brand here - get the first round off and a Group of 5 or non favored P5 brand have an extra game and that much more of a challenge to get the title.