• The KillerFrogs

If TexTech wins the MBB Natl Championship ...

Fosterpark Squatter

FWIW — Acceptance rate can be calculated in several ways.
I'm not trying to say Tech is good academically but it's definitely better than or at worse equal to UK with no metric presented giving a definite answer. I use to live near Lexington so maybe I'm biased having had to deal with their fans. If you guys had to deal with UK fans instead of only expierencing Tech ones though you would probably be more likely to agree.

ThisIsOurTime

If Tech wins, good for them. Tech has received more than its share of misery and am sure their fans would be grateful.

In terms of academics being pushed more in collegiate sports and to de-emphasize the business aspect, I would be for that as well. There is a long list of schools including our own at times that could improve in this area.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I'm not trying to say Tech is good academically but it's definitely better than or at worse equal to UK with no metric presented giving a definite answer. I use to live near Lexington so maybe I'm biased having had to deal with their fans. If you guys had to deal with UK fans instead of only expierencing Tech ones though you would probably be more likely to agree.

UK 147, TTU 189 in USNews and World Report rankings. For what that’s worth.

By the way, it is at “worst”, academically...

Farmfrog

Most of the Tech fans I know, especially the guys have the little D syndrome. They act like they’ve superior to everyone because of their school size. I have a great disdain for them.

MCFROG III

I don't know. I've got UVA in my bracket wager with my wife. If Tech wins, I owe her dinner. So far I'm up 2 dinners (NIT & WNIT) to her 1 for the NCAAW Baylor win tonight. I do hate losing.

Fosterpark Squatter

UK 147, TTU 189 in USNews and World Report rankings. For what that’s worth.

By the way, it is at “worst”, academically...
And the acceptance rate is 20 points lower at tech meaning its harder to get into. If an unbiased person sees tech or uk on a resume they'll probably have an equal impression for that portion I doubt techs lower acceptance rate or uks slighlty less low usnews ranking is really going to differentiate their academic prestige in peoples minds. Not sure why you're so adamant about it are you a closet Wildcat fan or do you just really loath tech that much, also thanks for the petty grammer correction.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
And the acceptance rate is 20 points lower at tech meaning its harder to get into. If an unbiased person sees tech or uk on a resume they'll probably have an equal impression for that portion I doubt techs lower acceptance rate or uks slighlty less low usnews ranking is really going to differentiate their academic prestige in peoples minds. Not sure why you're so adamant about it are you a closet Wildcat fan or do you just really loath tech that much, also thanks for the petty grammer correction.

I have bias about Kentucky one way or the other. I as merely pointing out something.

Your welcome for the petty correction. It’s never too late to improve one’s self.

And yea, I’ve been called out for petty errors before .