• The KillerFrogs

If I'm Michael Collins

Mean Purple

We won 3 more last year, and all it did was fool everyone to think we were going to better this year.
a. you don't burn a year to "develop" a player. (Not saying you are saying that, just saying)
b. I don't think anybody is gonna be fooled. Heck, most of us were screaming that it was crazy to keep Cumbie after last year. Some of us were questioning him after the first year of bad play calls that even got us to the conf champ game, which he quickly killed any chance we had to be competitive.
c. we need a bowl so we get the extra practice time.
d. not sure where folks see this freshman will develop to be what we need. However, unlike SR last year, at least this kid has throwing mechanics.

But, seriously, you have a qb that can pass well and run the offense on the bench. And considering he beat the other qb in a game last year, well ...

4th. down

If MC or JR want to leave, then fine. Best of luck to them. Or maybe they can wait and see who the new OC next year and give it another shot. Both need to prove they are healthy first. Not sure why everyone here is pushing them to leave. Don't know why we want to lose all of our QB depth because of an OC that is about to be fired.

That's a thought and here is another one - if the present trend continues, then at the end of the season, assuming we don't finish 6-6, have a come to Jesus meeting with GP, Boschini, Donati, Chair of the Board of Trustees, and LT and tell him you need to make changes, realignment is coming and we want to go with the big dogs and right now, that's not the direction we are going.

tetonfrog

That's a thought and here is another one - if the present trend continues, then at the end of the season, assuming we don't finish 6-6, have a come to Jesus meeting with GP, Boschini, Donati, Chair of the Board of Trustees, and LT and tell him you need to make changes, realignment is coming and we want to go with the big dogs and right now, that's not the direction we are going.

The only reason that meeting needs to take place is if GP decides to keep SC. I believe we will have a new OC next season.

4th. down

Changing the OC and the WR coaches and bringing in a whole new offensive scheme is a lot.

We disagree about the defense. That can be fixed in recruiting and some tweaks. You may have lost faith in GP's defense. I have not.

Well, you are faithful, I'll say that. I wonder what you would be thinking if you were flying or driving back from the game today?

asleep003

Ok, but I wasn't just referring to OC. - whlse. changes.
There are 3-5 staff that needs to go. But we should be focused on the now and who we have … and we need that QB that is cool and mature/can make all the passes(long and short)/plus can carry the rock too. We have one on the bench. Have waited 8 months to watch these kids and am not giving up on them now !!!

Pharm Frog

Trend is sufficiently established to go ahead and schedule regardless of the next few games. And I believe that meeting should come to a resolution on HC succession (or real close).

asleep003

If Miles can do that, then GP certainly can try a fresh start with a much better QB rating last year, Collins, than either of our present 2 deep QBs... who've had the blessing of improved protection/ slightly improved WR play(of late)/ and much improved ground game.