• The KillerFrogs

If I'm Michael Collins

2themax

I'm not ready to blame the staff on either side of the ball.
There were some questionable decisions on both sides of the ball, but there is still a very noticeable lack of execution by the players.
They were put in position to win this one and didn't make the plays that counted. Routine ones especially.

Dusty

It is obvious that Cumbie is not going to play Collins. Not sure why he is so dead set against him, but he is. With that being said, I hope Collins stays long enough to get his degree then transfers and gets a team that will let him play.

Pharm Frog

If history is any indicator then it was decided earlier in the week that AD would get a drive in the first half and so it “had to be done”. I wasn’t watching and don’t know exactly when this happened but it wouldn’t surprise me if we weren’t sure we were going to get another possession in the first half. But again...I don’t know when the switch was made.

Sebastian S

On any other staff, he would beat them out when healthy. He would be the starter.
Patterson or Cumbie must be making promises like with the interception King last year.
That maybe Patterson’s and maybe cumbie’s weakness.

I am sure they make promises to these kids to recruit them here, are they obligated to those promises even though it may not be the best to the team?

Its a tough job but they have to do what’s best for the team and not any individual player

Sebastian S

Come on Coach P, end your career on a high note.

I feel like if this is a horrible year, there will be pressure for him to leave and he will just call it quits.

Mean Purple

That maybe Patterson’s and maybe cumbie’s weakness.

I am sure they make promises to these kids to recruit them here, are they obligated to those promises even though it may not be the best to the team?

Its a tough job but they have to do what’s best for the team and not any individual player
Best of the team is always to put your kids in a position to win. GP really whiffed on that on Defense at times this year.
I remember Nick Saban talking about the reality that you have to base the direction/scheme of your team on the players you have. Obviously, easy for him when 3rd on the bench is 4 star (legit 4 star), but other coaches focus on that elsewhere. Can't just expect that they run your favored scheme and think wins will come. The fact that even seniors have trouble in GP's scheme says a lot.

Rose Bowl

After our QB passing play today, I'm(the strongest/most accurate arm w/wheels) flipping the middle finger to this coaching staff, If I'm not getting 2 deep reps for the next weeks game. Staff had 2 weeks to ready Collins today, if he were needed.

We don't have a deep throwing offense with either QB in the present QB 2 deep. We have to have that balance to win 3 of the next 6 games. it was not there today. If we continue to ignore Collins … he really needs to transfer himself out.

Are we sure that Max won’t transfer at seasons end? We’re not running the offense we brought him in for so I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves.

tetonfrog

Collins would have won more if not for injuries. I would have never thought a tarp could do a hand what it did to Michael. That he played with it like that was crazy.

I wish Collins would play. He could help some, but he is not the cure all for our offensive woes. He can't throw and block and catch at the same time.

But as good he was against OU last year, you forget how bad he was at times last year. The game in Morgantown comes to mind first........

asleep003

Collins has the best arm/cool headed/ good wheels and large. He did well with terrible protection in 2018/massive dropped balls, yet went 56% completions while making all throws required/with major throwing hand wound... went 6 tds/2 ints.

So do we spend the back half of the season developing Max, who 'may' or not be a Dalton down the road... or try to win 3 more games for the team and a Bowl invite.

Last edited:

y2kFrog

Collins has the best arm/cool headed/ good wheels and large. He did well with terrible protection in 2018/massive dropped balls, yet went 56% completions while making all the throws required/with throwing hand major wound.... yet went 6 tds/2 ints.

So do we spend the ack half of the season developing Max, who 'may' be a Dalton down the road... or try to win 3 more games for the team and a Bowl invite.

We won 3 more last year, and all it did was fool everyone to think we were going to better this year.

4th. down

Collins has the best arm/cool headed/ good wheels and large. He did well with terrible protection in 2018/massive dropped balls, yet went 56% completions while making all the throws required/with throwing hand major wound.... yet went 6 tds/2 ints.

So do we spend the ack half of the season developing Max, who 'may' be a Dalton down the road... or try to win 3 more games for the team and a Bowl invite.

Collins and Rogers are going to leave so we really don't need to be concerned about them......I certainly would. It's obvious Max for the next 3 years - why stay?

tetonfrog

Collins and Rogers are going to leave so we really don't need to be concerned about them......I certainly would. It's obvious Max for the next 3 years - why stay?

If MC or JR want to leave, then fine. Best of luck to them. Or maybe they can wait and see who the new OC next year and give it another shot. Both need to prove they are healthy first. Not sure why everyone here is pushing them to leave. Don't know why we want to lose all of our QB depth because of an OC that is about to be fired.