• The KillerFrogs

I think we're a year away

Eight

No, I'm not. If his contract goes to 2024 then he likely has a strong negotiating position. I'm guessing he has a very favorable cancelation clause, and we're not a university of unlimited means. Like it or not, we're going to need his buy-in.

Now as for the rest of you post, I totally agree.

what moron extended him that far out?

seriously that is beyond stupid because they have put us in a scheissed position and i don't want to hear about what he deserves for where he brought us etc....

we aren't playing those cusa and mwc teams anymore. these are programs with equal to or bigger budgets, equal to or better athletes, and we can not be competitive with this staff

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Look, we have bad lines. Lost a ton of talent from last year's lines, and, as we can see on the field, they haven't "grown up yet." Bad lines make everything look bad, and its frustrating as hell. I went to work at 17-0, knowing that this just isn't the year for us.

However, considering all the players coming back next year on the lines, they will only be that much better and have a ton of experience. That combined with a seasoned Max in his junior year, the stable of incredibly talented RBs and receivers, not to mention TEs, I think we make a run for Big XII championship next year.

I know you guys will pillory me for this post, but that's how I see it.

Patterson has been saying the team is young and inexperienced for 6 years!!
That excuse is flat BS!

OU wins with new young kids every year!

jack the frog

what moron extended him that far out?

seriously that is beyond stupid because they have put us in a scheissed position and i don't want to hear about what he deserves for where he brought us etc....

we aren't playing those cusa and mwc teams anymore. these are programs with equal to or bigger budgets, equal to or better athletes, and we can not be competitive with this staff

I feel your pain Eight but I don't think anyone could have forseen the the willingness of Patterson to sacrifice the program to this extent out of some misplaced loyalty to certain coaches and at the expense of TCU. There will always be a Beamer or Bowden that stay beyond their sell by date but this protection of multiple inept coaches is something I have never seen before. Patterson has always bemoaned the life of the vagabond coach making no money while living 4 each in a crappy rental home somewhere. My only guess is that he believes part of the payoff for his success are a few unfettered years to protect his buddies, TCU be damned.

Your point stands however. No administration ever seems to learn regarding these contract extensions, be it the lifetime deal given to the aging superstar or the 3 year extension afforded the 2nd year guy that has one decent season.

Eight

A year away in perpetuity it seems.

new logo for the helmet

images

Mean Purple

We owe GP so much ... But he does owe us Sincere OL Coaching and to not put Anderson back as a failed WRs coach again next year(desk job please), as he put him this year, as a previously failed DL coach,

And GP ... why did we run a 3 man DL on a 3rd and 1 .?.
Anderson should be fired, period.

So tired of GP excuses. "There are coaches on that side who have a Rose Bowl ring"

Hey, GP, that was 10 years ago. And your Peach Bowl was a long time ago too. How many seasons with
8 or more wins since 2016?

Mean Purple

My vote is to keep Gary through the 2021 season based upon his solely getting us into the P-5 as to give him the benefit of the doubt. Then, if the team doesn't trend up definitively, he gets counseled to retire (ala Darrell Royal, Mack Brown, maybe Abe Martin & Dutch Meyer style).. I love Gary as much or more than anyone and so want him to make another successful run and think that it's quite possible for him to do so.
If he wont fire bad assistants, then be done with it.

dawg

So tired of GP excuses. "There are coaches on that side who have a Rose Bowl ring"

Please tell me he didn’t say this...because a jug of Promised Land Dairy Chocolate Milk from 2010 would have been awesome at the time, but that doesn’t mean that same 2010 bottle is not beyond spoiled and WAY past the sell-by date in 2020.

Last edited:

steelfrog

Tier 1
Look, we have bad lines. Lost a ton of talent from last year's lines, and, as we can see on the field, they haven't "grown up yet." Bad lines make everything look bad, and its frustrating as hell. I went to work at 17-0, knowing that this just isn't the year for us.

However, considering all the players coming back next year on the lines, they will only be that much better and have a ton of experience. That combined with a seasoned Max in his junior year, the stable of incredibly talented RBs and receivers, not to mention TEs, I think we make a run for Big XII championship next year.

I know you guys will pillory me for this post, but that's how I see it.
You're a moron,.

When in the last FIVE years has it been our year? Was it our year when we were 6-7 in 2016? Was it our year in 2017 when we went 11-3 but lost to OU twice by a combined 42 points? Not competitive in either game? Was it our year in 2018 when we were 7-6? Last year 5-7? This year, maybe 3-6?

At some point it has to become obvious that the leadership at TCU needs to move in a different direction and spend their $8-9mm they spend on coaches more wisely.

Stupid. Fart breath.

steelfrog

Tier 1
My vote is to keep Gary through the 2021 season based upon his solely getting us into the P-5 as to give him the benefit of the doubt. Then, if the team doesn't trend up definitively, he gets counseled to retire (ala Darrell Royal, Mack Brown, maybe Abe Martin & Dutch Meyer style).. I love Gary as much or more than anyone and so want him to make another successful run and think that it's quite possible for him to do so.
As Steel said back when it happened, You all are now regretting the dumb decision to go into the B12. Our best chance of a championship game appearance, which we almost made twice when we were not P5, was not in the B12. Plus, we had lots of great destinations to go watch our team win. Now, we have literally every destination is a dogcrap place, and we get our arses kicked routinely. Steel hopes you all are happy. OH, but "we" got more money. Who freaking cares!? We suck in this league.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Please tell me he didn’t say this...because a jug of Promised Land Dairy Chocolate Milk from 2010 would have been awesome at the time, but that doesn’t mean that same 2010 bottle is not beyond spoiled and WAY past the sell-by date in 2020.
Wasn't there a scene about this in Strange Brew?

You're a moron,.

When in the last FIVE years has it been our year? Was it our year when we were 6-7 in 2016? Was it our year in 2017 when we went 11-3 but lost to OU twice by a combined 42 points? Not competitive in either game? Was it our year in 2018 when we were 7-6? Last year 5-7? This year, maybe 3-6?

At some point it has to become obvious that the leadership at TCU needs to move in a different direction and spend their $8-9mm they spend on coaches more wisely.

Stupid. Fart breath.
Oh hey there idiot! Glad you decided to regurgitate your typical blather about how terrible the frogs are. Oh yeah, you don’t even own season tickets because you’re not really a fan, and you have two children who are aggies. Yeah, AGGIES! You might as well wear a swastika on your arm,
Hopefully you can rattle a few brain cells in your head to generate enough mental power to kill yourself.
good riddance to bad rubbish!

Mean Purple

Oh hey there idiot! Glad you decided to regurgitate your typical blather about how terrible the frogs are. Oh yeah, you don’t even own season tickets because you’re not really a fan, and you have two children who are aggies. Yeah, AGGIES! You might as well wear a swastika on your arm,
Hopefully you can rattle a few brain cells in your head to generate enough mental power to kill yourself.
good riddance to bad rubbish!
Wait, that may explain his stalking of the Czech soccer team.