• The KillerFrogs

I smiled when Herbstreit talked about TCU injuries.

Paint It Purple

He said TCU may have the most injuries of any team in the country.:eek:

HUH? This has been pretty average for us, we definitely have seen worse recently. And we hear that everybody has injuries just like us. Bull. Gary says we would be so much better if we just got our best players back. Of course that could just be a recording of him that is replayed every year, week after week.

No way the good teams have the injuries we have had early in the season year after year. Every year I mention this on the Forum and get put down. Every year we have a very young team. That IMO is where things are going wrong. Face it, we are among the most injured teams in the country year after year after year. Some blame strength and conditioning, some blame youth(GP's favorite), some blame Gary's workouts. I wonder about training...just how inbred is our training staff? Numerous injuries happen to men's basketball, too. Are our injury methods up-to-date?

The key to a good season for this team is cutting injuries to national average at most. That would be considered a lucky year for us nowadays.

Just please don't say everyone has as many injuries as we do.
Been singing this tune a couple of years, now. It's always poo-poo'd. Still convinced this S&C and athletic training staff are sub par in their profession. They really struggle to get players back on the field safely.

LisaLT

Have been dealing with this for almost two months now, it’s a beating. So annoying but thankfully it seems to finally be lessening.
Good luck with that. It took many months and lots of painful deep tissue massages to finally feel better. I had a hard time sitting or getting comfortable even laying down. CBD oil is helpful :)

Eight

Anyone have an update on Daniels....watching Ceasar vs. OU was painful...

who-dat.gif

Toad Jones

The staff is stuck in 2005, things have changed and this is a glaring example.
Example of needed culture change.
I studied strength and conditioning and am a certified personal trainer. There is a definite problem with the strength and conditioning program design. Injury is the absolute worst thing that can happen to any person in a training regimen. This is happening too frequently at TCU. Especially given the fact that the facilities there are some of the best in the country for recovery.

Lifting records and size don’t matter if they can’t stay on the field healthy. Emphasis on mobility and core strength is probably overlooked and the importance of a well balanced strength and conditioning program as a whole toward a successful sports program.
ONE example of needed culture change. at one time, we had competent player/recruit evaluators. These people figured out who could catch, run, and chew gum all at the same time. Now, we don't have those guys anymore. We have guys who read Dave Campbell's Texas Football and rely on their crack staff of journalists to tell them who is good and who isn't. "Their potential is measured in the stars..."
Bingo....soooo true. Stars make a lazy coach lazier. Do they have a star system in the pros? How do they.... evaluate?

Eight

Example of needed culture change.

ONE example of needed culture change. at one time, we had competent player/recruit evaluators. These people figured out who could catch, run, and chew gum all at the same time. Now, we don't have those guys anymore. We have guys who read Dave Campbell's Texas Football and rely on their crack staff of journalists to tell them who is good and who isn't. "Their potential is measured in the stars..."
Bingo....soooo true. Stars make a lazy coach lazier. Do they have a star system in the pros? How do they.... evaluate?

interesting thing is the highly rated recruits are playing well at certain positions. any questions about whether evans and quentin are playing up to their ratings? that their talent level is different from the other players at their positions?

additionally, they have found a few hidden gems such as miller who wasn't even in the state's top 200 according to 247 and pretty sure if he is in texas football (which is total dog [ Finebaum ] now) it is in that really small font

where the misses in talent are on one side of the ball consistently where we have seen poor player development, lack of depth, and terrible execution

49er Jack

How does the university administration view injuries and hurt players today versus 4-5 years ago pre listenbee (sp?) lawsuit? Seems we have a lot fewer players playing banged up and a lot more players consistently missing significant practice and playing time than I can ever remember.

Wexahu

How does the university administration view injuries and hurt players today versus 4-5 years ago pre listenbee (sp?) lawsuit? Seems we have a lot fewer players playing banged up and a lot more players consistently missing significant practice and playing time than I can ever remember.
I think the Listenbee situation has made a difference.

Paul in uhh

He said TCU may have the most injuries of any team in the country.:eek:

HUH? This has been pretty average for us, we definitely have seen worse recently. And we hear that everybody has injuries just like us. Bull. Gary says we would be so much better if we just got our best players back. Of course that could just be a recording of him that is replayed every year, week after week.

No way the good teams have the injuries we have had early in the season year after year. Every year I mention this on the Forum and get put down. Every year we have a very young team. That IMO is where things are going wrong. Face it, we are among the most injured teams in the country year after year after year. Some blame strength and conditioning, some blame youth(GP's favorite), some blame Gary's workouts. I wonder about training...just how inbred is our training staff? Numerous injuries happen to men's basketball, too. Are our injury methods up-to-date?

The key to a good season for this team is cutting injuries to national average at most. That would be considered a lucky year for us nowadays.

Just please don't say everyone has as many injuries as we do.
It’s interesting to me that baseball doesn’t rely on the same s&c coaches as football and they seem to be healthier overall