• The KillerFrogs

I love Kevin Samuel but...

Purp

All of that may end up being true but until we actually see it then we are doing a certain degree of hope trafficking, particularly I think with the PG play. I certainly don't think we'll be WORSE there just not sure if it'll be any better.

Rebounding certainly in theory should see at least some improvement simply by KS continuing to improve and more big bodies coming in. Just need to actually see it on the floor next year.
I don't see how PG doesn't improve next year. With two natural PGs we won't need guys like Ed Dennis and RJ to do the bulk of our ball handling. The word on Miles is he simply doesn't turn the ball over. Turnovers should go way down next year even if the jump in competition results in him turning it over more than he does now. I just can't fathom a guy like that suddenly giving it away as carelessly as we've seen from Ed and RJ this year.

RJ has also improved in that regard and I think PJ has too so even if we do need some 2 guards to handle the ball some we should see significant improvement there.

I understand what you mean by hope trafficking, but I just don't see any way possible we don't improve at PG by adding a natural PG to replace a graduating non-PG who played the position. Add in that Bello has a year of experience and it just seems like it would defy everything we've observed about sports if we even stayed the same.

Wexahu

I don't see how PG doesn't improve next year. With two natural PGs we won't need guys like Ed Dennis and RJ to do the bulk of our ball handling. The word on Miles is he simply doesn't turn the ball over. Turnovers should go way down next year even if the jump in competition results in him turning it over more than he does now. I just can't fathom a guy like that suddenly giving it away as carelessly as we've seen from Ed and RJ this year.

RJ has also improved in that regard and I think PJ has too so even if we do need some 2 guards to handle the ball some we should see significant improvement there.

I understand what you mean by hope trafficking, but I just don't see any way possible we don't improve at PG by adding a natural PG to replace a graduating non-PG who played the position. Add in that Bello has a year of experience and it just seems like it would defy everything we've observed about sports if we even stayed the same.

I think PG will be at least marginally improved next year because like you say, it can't get much worse. But I don't know who is going to score though on any kind of consistent basis. Our two best returning offensive players not named Samuel are both shooting below 40% from the field this year and are turnover machines.

CountryFrog

I'm waiting to see on Miles. I don't have any negative feelings toward him, I'm just not counting him as a positive until he actually shows up and plays in a game.

I like Farabello and do think he'll be good, just don't know how good.

tetonfrog

Kevin needs time to develop. He needs to the hit the gym and get stronger and quicker. I don't know if he will ever be a good shooter, but Doke at K is not and never will be either. If he comes back, which he should, he will get better every year he stays.

He has a chance to be a beast as a senior just like Doke is now.

4th. down

Kevin needs time to develop. He needs to the hit the gym and get stronger and quicker. I don't know if he will ever be a good shooter, but Doke at K is not and never will be either. If he comes back, which he should, he will get better every year he stays.

He has a chance to be a beast as a senior just like Doke is now.

^^^^^^^^^^That, and a want to attitude will get him where he wants to be. Beef up in the gym in the off season so you can bang in the paint.

Eight

^^^^^^^^^^That, and a want to attitude will get him where he wants to be. Beef up in the gym in the off season so you can bang in the paint.

kevin needs to get stronger, needs to improve his offensive game, BUT the frogs low post game would improve dramatically if the guys feeding the post had a clue when and where to make that pass.

so many times kevin would have a defender pinned on his hip and either the entry pass would be in a terrible spot basically costing him the advantage of the positioning he busted his ass to earn or even worse the pass would never come as the ball handler would just be pounding the stripes off the ball as the shot clock wound down.

the frogs low post game to me mirrors the passing game in football so closely i am not sure if it is eerie, depressing, laughable, or all three

CountryFrog

kevin needs to get stronger, needs to improve his offensive game, BUT the frogs low post game would improve dramatically if the guys feeding the post had a clue when and where to make that pass.

so many times kevin would have a defender pinned on his hip and either the entry pass would be in a terrible spot basically costing him the advantage of the positioning he busted his ass to earn or even worse the pass would never come as the ball handler would just be pounding the stripes off the ball as the shot clock wound down.

the frogs low post game to me mirrors the passing game in football so closely i am not sure if it is eerie, depressing, laughable, or all three
One of our freshman in particular looks like he was never taught how, where, or when to make a post entry pass.