• The KillerFrogs

I have been a basketball season ticket holder since the Tubbs era

YA

It is time for a change of basketball coaches. Jaime’s teams are playing old school basketball in today’s world. I can see why Pittsburgh was ready and willing to let him go. He might be able to recruit but he cannot change his philosophy.

Jeremiah, you know I’m right. Please take the steps you know that is right for this program. You are a former basketball player and I know you know what is the correct call. Please don’t sacrifice short term gain in salary for long term loss in the program. It’s over and even coach Dixon knows this.

tcumaniac

I really, really loved the Jamie Dixon hire and the first season we had with him going to the tourney (with Trent Johnson’s players)was a blast, and I’ve been slow to jump on the fire Dixon bandwagon, but today was the final straw for me. Unacceptable.

Wexahu

It is time for a change of basketball coaches. Jaime’s teams are playing old school basketball in today’s world. I can see why Pittsburgh was ready and willing to let him go. He might be able to recruit but he cannot change his philosophy.

Jeremiah, you know I’m right. Please take the steps you know that is right for this program. You are a former basketball player and I know you know what is the correct call. Please don’t sacrifice short term gain in salary for long term loss in the program. It’s over and even coach Dixon knows this.

I don't know if what we are doing is "old school" or what, I think there are many ways to win basketball games. I just know it's bad. I think more and more people are coming to the realization that this is just a really poorly coached team, and has been for some time. There's just not any light at the end of the tunnel either, nothing about this program makes me think we'll be much better in the coming years.

Like you said, time for the AD to go to work.

Boomhauer

I really, really loved the Jamie Dixon hire and the first season we had with him going to the tourney (with Trent Johnson’s players)was a blast, and I’ve been slow to jump on the fire Dixon bandwagon, but today was the final straw for me. Unacceptable.

It was over the minute he tried to go to UCLA. We should’ve let him go right then instead of dragging it out. Basically Pat Sullivan all over again.

Rose Bowl

I had a fantastic lunch with some buddies who tried to get me to stay but I didn’t feel right missing the game. Kill me now as I just watched a horrendous performance from the Frogs. I don’t think Jamie will get fired but another year of this and I’ll have no hair. We look so unprepared and unenergetic. There were no simple adjustments made or any set run to get Mike or RJ an easy basket.

I don’t know the answer but I’m pretty sure Jamie isn’t it.

Genbukan

Unfortunately, with the current state of the athletic budget (all across college sports not just us) unless somebody writes a big check we are stuck.

While I unfortunately agree with you, the calculus will get a little trickier as fewer and fewer fans buy tickets.

I have been a season ticker holder since Dixon was a freshman on Killer's team. We have never had this level of athletic talent play so sloppy, uninspired, stupid basketball. Had PLENTY of years where be were bad because our talent was piss poor....not the case now. The kids almost seem to get worse each year. Dixon doesn't develop the talent he somehow, someway regresses it. Just one example - Easley is FOY averaging 15 or 16 ppg, sits a transfer year and what happens? He has no impact at all. He's become just a guy.

I can't explain it. Dixons coaching resume is much better than what he is producing. This is far and away the worst coached team in the conference, yet we have the talent to play within a bucket of 20 ranked Mizzou, 9 ranked OU. Its absolutely maddening and a prime reason I gave up my season tickets.

y2kFrog

While I unfortunately agree with you, the calculus will get a little trickier as fewer and fewer fans buy tickets.

I have been a season ticker holder since Dixon was a freshman on Killer's team. We have never had this level of athletic talent play so sloppy, uninspired, stupid basketball. Had PLENTY of years where be were bad because our talent was piss poor....not the case now. The kids almost seem to get worse each year. Dixon doesn't develop the talent he somehow, someway regresses it. Just one example - Easley is FOY averaging 15 or 16 ppg, sits a transfer year and what happens? He has no impact at all. He's become just a guy.

I can't explain it. Dixons coaching resume is much better than what he is producing. This is far and away the worst coached team in the conference, yet we have the talent to play within a bucket of 20 ranked Mizzou, 9 ranked OU. Its absolutely maddening and a prime reason I gave up my season tickets.

He hasn’t recruited one shooter. It is almost impossible in this day and age to win without them. Dixon would be better off not chasing stars and get somebody that can make a shot.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
He hasn’t recruited one shooter. It is almost impossible in this day and age to win without them. Dixon would be better off not chasing stars and get somebody that can make a shot.
giphy.gif

wilson912

They were very flat today, would’ve thought they’d be excited to finally play and especially against a team with inferior talent.

Samuel was not good today, missing easy dunks and not able to hang onto the ball. We needed Mike to hit from 3 but he’s still our best player. I don’t Jamie’s leaving unless Ed Schollmaier has a change of heart. Skip, please come out of hiding and help us!