• The KillerFrogs

I didn't know that

Pappy Frog

--TCU not only snapped its three-game losing streak to Utah,
it scored in its 213th consecutive game. TCU has the nation's
longest current streak without being shut out. :tongue:

TCUBetterThanYou

If that's true, it is very impressive. I think UT used to have a streak that dated back to 1980 or '81 before OU shut them out 12-0 a few years ago. Lets hope ours lasts that long!

joejordan

QUOTE(TCUBetterThanYou @ Aug 6 2010, 10:01 AM) [snapback]608296[/snapback]
If that's true, it is very impressive. I think UT used to have a streak that dated back to 1980 or '81 before OU shut them out 12-0 a few years ago. Lets hope ours lasts that long!

Another worthless stat. Interesting, but worthless.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Pappy Frog @ Aug 6 2010, 08:35 AM) [snapback]608271[/snapback]

Hmm, surprised you didn't know that....

img_918.jpg

VictoryLap

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Aug 6 2010, 01:19 PM) [snapback]608497[/snapback]
Hmm, surprised you didn't know that....

img_918.jpg

Your head has a thin candy shell on it.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(VictoryLap @ Aug 6 2010, 01:25 PM) [snapback]608503[/snapback]
Your head has a thin candy shell on it.

"Your brains the one with the sh..."

"Got that?"

TCURiggs

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Aug 6 2010, 06:38 PM) [snapback]608516[/snapback]
"Your brains the one with the sh..."

"Got that?"

"I'll take you to the vet"

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(crunch @ Aug 6 2010, 01:11 PM) [snapback]608489[/snapback]

You just described 95 percent content in all message boards :laugh:

ectofrog

QUOTE(crunch @ Aug 6 2010, 01:11 PM) [snapback]608489[/snapback]

When you come into someone's thread unprovoked and say borderline stuff like this, it's hard to take your appeals for civility very seriously.

masterfrog

QUOTE(Pappy Frog @ Aug 6 2010, 06:35 AM) [snapback]608271[/snapback]

Actually I think we are 4th behind Nevada, Michigan and Florida. It is still a nice streak, but you could put together a streak like that on a 213 game losing streak.

QUOTE(masterfrog @ Aug 6 2010, 02:57 PM) [snapback]608576[/snapback]
Actually I think we are 4th behind Nevada, Michigan and Florida. It is still a nice streak, but you could put together a streak like that on a 213 game losing streak.

Nevada lost their streak in 2007 by being shut out by UNM in the NM bowl.

joejordan

QUOTE(ectofrog @ Aug 6 2010, 03:33 PM) [snapback]608565[/snapback]
When you come into someone's thread unprovoked and say borderline stuff like this, it's hard to take your appeals for civility very seriously.

Someones thread? I didn't know threads were owned by anyone other than Wes and Scott. Borderline stuff? It is impossible to assume I was in any way attacking or denigrating the OP. I made a valid comment on the information.
Appeals for civility? I made a proposal, and my response here in no way goes against that proposal.

If it's too hard, don't do it.

ectofrog

QUOTE(crunch @ Aug 7 2010, 02:10 PM) [snapback]608878[/snapback]
Someones thread? I didn't know threads were owned by anyone other than Wes and Scott. Borderline stuff? It is impossible to assume I was in any way attacking or denigrating the OP. I made a valid comment on the information.
Appeals for civility? I made a proposal, and my response here in no way goes against that proposal.

If it's too hard, don't do it.

Man, you can pick a nit any way you want. But just a couple weeks ago you were exhorting everyone to quit with the silly attacks and arguments and here you entered a thread with the sole purpose of telling someone that the stats he posted were worthless. If one were trying to follow your earlier advice, I think they'd find your entry in this thread pretty hypocritical. Of course, I lol'ed at the time of your "can't we all just get along" thread because you've been one of the greatest culprits of the overly-argumentative nature of this forum.

But I was curious to see if your idea thread would stop you from making posts like your first in this thread.

As a side note, I don't care if people are argumentative...but I'm also not the one who tried to start a movement based around everyone getting along.

joejordan

QUOTE(ectofrog @ Aug 9 2010, 01:14 PM) [snapback]609576[/snapback]
Man, you've been one of the greatest

Thanks, Ecto!

My proposal of several weeks ago called for the reduction of the redundant ridicule that is sometimes unnecessarily heaped on certain posters no matter the content of the post. It also called for certain posters to sometimes just let stuff go. No need to respond. Or simply do not engage certain posters. Since that time, I have had 1 engagement with a certain poster, kept it civil, and left the conversation. Some people just want the last word.

If you think my initial response in this thread is an attack on the OP, then there is not much I can say to you besides,

Thanks, Ecto!