• The KillerFrogs

I’m Worried About SR

flyfishingfrog

I don’t have any idea of their ages. Their EXPERIENCE in college is respectively, 4 and 5 years. How many years of experience has our QB?
So the 1 extra year Kyler Murray has been on campus is why he is a heisman candidate and SR is struggling to complete more passes for TDs to our team than the our opponents? Because he really doesn’t have significantly more game time experience than SR.

I could have stayed on campus forever and never gotten to play LB - i was a DE from the day I showed up and no amount of time was going to change that

My roommate was our second string MLB all his career - didn’t have the tools to break into the starting role and 8 years wouldn’t have changed that

Time will fix dumb plays sometimes and make you smarter and more reactive- but if you don’t have the tools it won’t find them for you

So I am saying I haven’t seen the tools for P5 level yet in a lot of players on this team this year- and growing up may not fix that

CountryFrog

Not all people are the same. There are countless examples of guys who lit it up early in their careers and then faded into nothingness. There are a couple former big 12 QBs who are having really good starts to their NFL careers who were incredibly careless with the ball as young players in college.

Whatever argument you want to make, you'll be able to find examples to support your stance. The only thing that really matters is that SR is not where he needs to be at this current time in his development. There's no guarantee that he will get appreciably better but there's also no reason to just assume that he won't based on the career arch of Player X at University Z.

texas_sicilian

Look at Mahomes’ performance in the NFL preaseason vs. recent games. Examples all over of players that display a night & day difference when the lights come on...

Paint It Purple

So the 1 extra year Kyler Murray has been on campus is why he is a heisman candidate and SR is struggling to complete more passes for TDs to our team than the our opponents? Because he really doesn’t have significantly more game time experience than SR.

I could have stayed on campus forever and never gotten to play LB - i was a DE from the day I showed up and no amount of time was going to change that

My roommate was our second string MLB all his career - didn’t have the tools to break into the starting role and 8 years wouldn’t have changed that

Time will fix dumb plays sometimes and make you smarter and more reactive- but if you don’t have the tools it won’t find them for you

So I am saying I haven’t seen the tools for P5 level yet in a lot of players on this team this year- and growing up may not fix that
I remember you now. Boy, we had a lot of [ Finebaum ]ty players in those days.

Look at Mahomes’ performance in the NFL preaseason vs. recent games. Examples all over of players that display a night & day difference when the lights come on...
Or look at the difference between him after he got some experience and the day he QB'd Tech during a substantial part of the game we beat them 82-27. He looked like a good athlete with a big arm and otherwise pretty much clueless as to what to do with either. Then he figured it out.

SuperTFrog

067D30AF-44C4-4997-AC02-1AE1DA3FA626.jpeg

Bump. Did you guys read in the paper today when GP said “He has been cleared for his knee, but he hasn’t been cleared for everything else”.

View attachment 5063

Bump. Did you guys read in the paper today when GP said “He has been cleared for his knee, but he hasn’t been cleared for everything else”.
LOL dude. "Look at me!!! No, really, look at me!!!!!"

GP's comments, as noted above, are clear as mud. I stick by what I said above but it's not about me but rather a young athlete with near unlimited potential who suffered a very serious and unfortunate injury and my concern is for his recovery. While I would consider it miraculous based on available information, I would love it if he could take the field some time this year and you could come on here and do some more blow ups of posts and stuff.

Rose Bowl

We’ve got to hope Shawn figures it out as he will most probably be the starter next season. Gary isn’t very big on change and unless he is injured or Rogers or Duggan just outshine SR by a wide margin, Shawn will be the guy.

I want SR to get all the reps in hope that he will begin to read the game better. The only way to improve, imo, is to be thrown to the wolves and see the game better. I’d rather take my lumps this year with a guy who will most likely be the starter next season and let him get comfortable and learn on the job.

I hope Justin is healthy because I believe he will be a huge star but there is a big if with him.