• The KillerFrogs

I’m Worried About SR

asleep003

Maybe that's how we play P5 opponents. Let's hope some secure OB play can make a difference, as remembering reading Collins has the preferred arm of the 2 and his wheels are reasonably productive.

SuperTFrog

I think we’d all love to hear yours actually.
Not that I need to love anything to Internet personalities, but If you look back at my track record, you’ll see that I know my stuff. For example, I knew we were hosting Gameday (and posted on here) before anyone else and referenced it. I knew that one of our defensive ends was going to miss the first two games when everyone else was speculating. I PM’ed someone on the board when he said he would feel better about the OSU game if we had both of our DE’s back.

I typically don’t post a lot about “inside info” but if someone comes in here posting something that is 100% wrong, then I’ll chime in with a correction.

PO Frog

Not that I need to love anything to Internet personalities, but If you look back at my track record, you’ll see that I know my stuff. For example, I knew we were hosting Gameday (and posted on here) before anyone else and referenced it. I knew that one of our defensive ends was going to miss the first two games when everyone else was speculating. I PM’ed someone on the board when he said he would feel better about the OSU game if we had both of our DE’s back.

I typically don’t post a lot about “inside info” but if someone comes in here posting something that is 100% wrong, then I’ll chime in with a correction.
Then you should know he's nowhere close to being ready and will absolutely not be playing this year.

MinFrog

This is why we need a prediction tracker. Lets put some markers down and see who knows their [ Finebaum ].

Also, are you saying he is fully healed?

flyfishingfrog

Grier and Murray are both 5th year SENIORS. You were making sense up to then.
So age alone gives you a better throwing arm and natural ability to execute now also?

I thought it was just making you smarter and giving you better judgement...

Kyler Murray is a RS junior not a 5th yr senior and had thrown a total of 90 passes during real games his entire career before this year - but the fact that you think he looks like a 5th yr probably proves my point

But if you don’t like that, then the kid from Bama, the starter at North Texas, even Mond at Aggy hits guys in stride and steps into throws consistently and I don’t think he is that special overall.

smufrogger

Other than his mechanics, touch, timing, and decision making, he’s solid.
It’s a lot to fix and clearly his raw talent got him to where he is. Unlike hs the windows are not that large and it appears the game is going to fast for him right now. He usually throws a second or two late as he does a pitch. That and he’ll force the ball rather than go to a second read. I like the guy, he tries very hard but there’s no denying he’s a tough gem.
Now we know what UT has dealt with for years.

Brog

Trying to figure which is needed most: a prediction tracker, or a humility lesson.

Paint It Purple

So age alone gives you a better throwing arm and natural ability to execute now also?

I thought it was just making you smarter and giving you better judgement...

Kyler Murray is a RS junior not a 5th yr senior and had thrown a total of 90 passes during real games his entire career before this year - but the fact that you think he looks like a 5th yr probably proves my point

But if you don’t like that, then the kid from Bama, the starter at North Texas, even Mond at Aggy hits guys in stride and steps into throws consistently and I don’t think he is that special overall.
I don’t have any idea of their ages. Their EXPERIENCE in college is respectively, 4 and 5 years. How many years of experience has our QB?

texas_sicilian

Didn't GP say before the season that one of the reasons Robinson was made the starter is because he had fewer turnovers in fall camp than Collins did?
I was actually going to post that. Gotta hope this is one of those “they play better on gameday” type situations.

Robinson apparently only threw 3 int’s in fall practice and the rest threw 20+ if I recall?

DelFrog

Other than his mechanics, touch, timing, and decision making, he’s solid.
It’s a lot to fix and clearly his raw talent got him to where he is. Unlike hs the windows are not that large and it appears the game is going to fast for him right now. He usually throws a second or two late as he does a pitch. That and he’ll force the ball rather than go to a second read. I like the guy, he tries very hard but there’s no denying he’s a tough gem.
Now we know what UT has dealt with for years.

The issue isn't a lack of experience, it's a lack of football instincts.

Wexahu

The issue isn't a lack of experience, it's a lack of football instincts.

Not uncommon for someone who I imagine has always been very successful relying mainly on his athletic ability. He hasn't had to do all the little things a QB does because he's always been bigger and faster than everyone he's played against. I watched him in high school, and while he did have plays where it was the exception, for the most part he dropped back to pass, looked for his receiver, and if he wasn't open he took off running. He won a 6A state title doing that.

I don't think he's hopeless by any means and i think he's improved a ton since the Tech game last year (which I thought was pretty much a train wreck), but he had a long, long way to go. He seems like a great dude and very coachable though, I think it'll get better.

LisaLT

Didn't GP say before the season that one of the reasons Robinson was made the starter is because he had fewer turnovers in fall camp than Collins did?
Isn't that the irony of it all. I guess the converse is true in actual games. Maybe that might mean Collins will have none lol.

Eight

Isn't that the irony of it all. I guess the converse is true in actual games. Maybe that might mean Collins will have none lol.

maybe it also has something to do with the quarterbacks not getting hit in practice.

video footage from matt jennings shows a few players that would be whistled dead in practice

LisaLT

maybe it also has something to do with the quarterbacks not getting hit in practice.

video footage from matt jennings shows a few players that would be whistled dead in practice
I guess we are about to find out when we play Tech.

When passing or handling the ball....Shawn's actions often seem tentative, awkward, inordinately

slow and hesitant. Perhaps, this all stems from inexperience and lack of confidence....Hopefully!