• The KillerFrogs

I’m Worried About SR

TRF51

I think if Robinson does not make it back this year he may never be the starting qb at TCU again. Rogers will probably be the guy next year, if not the end of this year.

ifrog

I think if Robinson does not make it back this year he may never be the starting qb at TCU again. Rogers will probably be the guy next year, if not the end of this year.
Justin could be good but you are setting high expectations on another young QB. I think that both Robinson and Justin have a high ceiling. But we all need to have more patience with the kids.

Moose Stuff

This is an interesting scenario to ponder and one that is entirely possible. Although I might give Duggan the same chance (if not better) as Rogers of being the guy. And then there’s the scenario where Collins ends up being good. Add it all up and someone is eventually transferring.

TRF51

This is an interesting scenario to ponder and one that is entirely possible. Although I might give Duggan the same chance (if not better) as Rogers of being the guy. And then there’s the scenario where Collins ends up being good. Add it all up and someone is eventually transferring.

I think the QB room will be the most talented qb room TCU has ever had. If Rogers can get back to 100% I think he is the guy. I think in the end Robinson will either transfer or maybe switch positions. Robinson is a stud athlete that can probably play a number of positions. He has the potential to be a good college qb but the other guys are more skilled, especially passing the ball.

Moose Stuff

I think the QB room will be the most talented qb room TCU has ever had. If Rogers can get back to 100% I think he is the guy. I think in the end Robinson will either transfer or maybe switch positions. Robinson is a stud athlete that can probably play a number of positions. He has the potential to be a good college qb but the other guys are more skilled, especially passing the ball.

We have no idea if the others are more skilled at passing the ball. Totally unfair to say otherwise IMO. And its entirely possible Rogers never sees 100%. That was a horrific injury.

TRF51

We have no idea if the others are more skilled at passing the ball. Totally unfair to say otherwise IMO. And its entirely possible Rogers never sees 100%. That was a horrific injury.

We don’t, I am going off what I have read and some of the podcasts I have listened to but people who have seen all of them play and throw the ball. Obviously no one has seen them play at this level and if they are not I am good with Shawn being the guy, I like him. I want the best guy to play who gives us the best chance to win.

Wexahu

Besides, simply “passing the ball” is something lots and lots of QBs can do. Really every QB at this level. It’s seeing the field, making the right decisions under pressure quickly, understanding game situations, taking care of the ball etc etc etc that make a good QB.

And I agree, we have no idea if Rogers or Duggan are going to be good or not, because they’ve never played at this level.

Rogers is not playing this year. I don't know how many times that has to be repeated until it sinks in. He had a terrible injury and is still trying to recover.

I'm glad that you listen to podcasts and such but playing QB at this level is a different animal. Some pan out, some don't. SR has some things to clean up but we have seen that he can play at this level. With the others, it's pure speculation and projection until they actually do it.

FrogLifeYo

I’d like to see the Offensive Line room become the best TCU has ever had...

Dusty

actually I don't think it was that bad of an idea...much like FIL said - it resulted in basically what we would have wanted on the next play had it feel incomplete - a change of possession inside the 5.

I think its more a matter of right now, SR is not showing this "great talent" everyone says he has based on his performance in HS.

He passing is below average - most passes are underthrown with a few just flat out overthrown. When he does hit the receiver it is rarely in stride and results in losing most of the speed the WR has generated on the route. He does thread the needle pretty well occasionally but that almost always results in a tackle as soon as the pass it caught.

His running has been ok but nothing spectacular so far. He scrambles out of trouble well and has made something from nothing a few times when our line collapses - however our designed run plays go for 3 yds a lot more than 10, which isn't common in dual threat QB's and he has to be literally the worst option QB I have ever seen. He doesn't read the defenders fast enough, isn't elusive enough to make the man focused on him miss and pitches way to late and behind the RB so that basically they have to stop to catch the pitch and they get drilled.

I so want him to be great - I want the hype to be real and for us to have a world class dual threat QB. I am just not seeing it right now and its not a matter of "growing up"

If he were making great plays and then making some real bonehead plays - that is growing up. I think the lack of spectacular plays is more a matter of lack of ability to execute than it is lack of experience.

And I hope more than anything I am so wrong it is amazing and that he proves me to be a full on idiot.

So I am not the only one that is seeing this. Be careful though, there are those that will call you a clown on here for voicing your opinion. But I agree completely.

Uncle_Frog

If I’m not mistaken, his injury was essentially what happened to a teddy Bridgewater. Was a full two year recovery for Bridgewater. If Rogers does rehab all the way back he is going to need a while to bulk back up also.

When he committed I was certain he was the future of TCU football, but that injury was terrible. Might not be a bad idea to give him another year to get fully healed mentally and physicially—though I hope he’s ready to compete for next year.

SuperTFrog

Rogers is not playing this year. I don't know how many times that has to be repeated until it sinks in. He had a terrible injury and is still trying to recover.

I would love to hear your source because you have no idea what you are talking about. He may not play, but it won’t be because he hasn’t fully recovered.

I would love to hear your source because you have no idea what you are talking about. He may not play, but it won’t be because he hasn’t fully recovered.
Good grief. Even if there were not other information out there the fact alone that GP said at his presser last evening that he would play QB before JR, it wouldn't take a genius to figure that out.

Next time you tell someone they have no idea what they're talking about, it would behoove you to do some research so you don't have such a poor look for yourself.