• The KillerFrogs

I’m Worried About SR

wilson912

Shawn is a delightful guy, don’t get me wrong. A great representative for TCU for sure BUT.......I’m worried about his ability to see these field. That pick was thrown into triple coverage! He is a terrific runner but he seems to take so many “flush” hits.

Spike

Shawn is a delightful guy, don’t get me wrong. A great representative for TCU for sure BUT.......I’m worried about his ability to see these field. That pick was thrown into triple coverage! He is a terrific runner but he seems to take so many “flush” hits.

Maybe just part of the learning curve. I hope.

I'm concerned about him because he is injured.

That pick wasn't about seeing the field but about anticipation. If that route was going to have a chance, the throw had to be be made more quickly before the receiver looks to be open. In HS, he probably could make that work but in the college game, that throw to the middle of the field is almost always going to be too late at the time the QB thinks the receiver is breaking open because the defenders are already converging. He made something similar work in the OSU game, today it just wasn't there. Experience.

ShreveFrog

I’m worried about him getting designed run calls with an already bum shoulder. Oh wait we dont have to worry about that anymore.

flyfishingfrog

It wasn’t a bad read, it was a bad throw.
Exactly

It was triple coverage because it was easily 5 yds short of where he should have thrown it

Put it where the only person that can catch it is our WR or it’s incomplete and it would have been a man on man situation

SR not having great touch seems to the problem more than seeing the field

Last edited:

Sebastian S

It was a bad decision to throw it but it was actually stupid to intercept that ball.

Even if the db just tipped it, it would have been 4th down.

That ended like a good punt that pinned them inside the 5.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
If SRob was going to continue running the ball, taking a hard tackle on the left shoulder was bound to happen, or suffer another injury while trying to protect it. Sounds like GP is not happy that Collins wasn't being rotated in but then again isn't he the head coach? Why didn't he make sure Collins was taking some series?

y2kFrog

That pass was a predetermined call from the coaches. They put Davis in the game for that play, and it was actually there if threw it on time. That play was actually exhibit A on why you need to throw deep more often. I worry way more about throws straight to the DB’s in the flat.

Moose Stuff

Exactly

It was triple coverage because it was easily 5 yds short of where he should have thrown it

Put it where the only person that can catch it is our WR or it’s incomplete and it would have been a man on man situation

SR not having great touch seems to the problem more than seeing the field

That’s exactly what I saw.

netty2424

Well you won’t have to worry for quite awhile. Shawn took a big hit on an already sore shoulder. Expect to see him in street clothes for awhile.

There was obvious concern for his injury on the field. You can always tell when the training staff turns it up a notch. That was clearly the case last night.

SR is an exceptional talent and oddly enough maybe this injury is just what he needed. Sometimes it helps to take a step back to give a player a chance to see what is happening from afar, to learn a few things they’re missing in gameplay.

He will come back, better.

Uncle_Frog

I’m concerned because I think he banged up his left shoulder last year. Gary mentioned prior to the game he has been dealing with that shoulder again and had tape and a sleeve on at one point. His left arm looked noticeably smaller than his right and it wasn’t that way against Southern. That means he hasn’t been using it at all lately. I’m concerned this is a persistent injury and I hope he gets healed up.

Shawn is VERY tough for running if his shoulder is that bad but I’m disappointed Gary doesn’t step in and tell them to put Collins in for a bit to help Shawn have a breather and to protect him. He mentioned it after SMU and why doesn’t anything happen? Is he no longer the HC but only the D Coordinator? I’m a huge Gary guy but that is a big head scratcher.