• The KillerFrogs

I’m off the Cumbie bandwagon

wilson912

Unimaginative play calling, offense lacks spark... Well, you watched it today.

I think he is a good QB coach and a nice guy but right now I think he is in the same league as Jarrett Anderson when it comes to play calling and offensive strategy.

Oh and maybe if we tried the wildcat formation just one more time because it almost worked the last 37 times we tried it.

I totally agree we gotta stop the snaps to Sewo and, yes, two turnovers don’t help, but this was one of our more productive offensive efforts of the year. We didn’t stop them in the second half. That’s a major reason why we lost. Our defense is terrible right now maybe because of the injuries. Not sure. That’s not to say Sonny should not be criticized but our defense is a disaster and we know who the DC is. #gofrogs

TCURiggs

Exactly. our defense is one of the best in the big 12.

And yet they had a bad day and gave up more points to Kansas than anyone else in the conference has, which is my whole argument about them having a lot to say about the loss today. HOW IN THE DARN ARE YOU NOT GETTING THIS?!?!

giphy.gif

WIN

Pretty much. I'm saying it's much more likely that we just have some young/inexperienced/beat up players that are making more mistakes than our teams usually do. I think that's much more likely than the same set of coaches we've had for a number of years just all of a sudden not coaching taking care of the ball.

Turnovers can be
Pretty much. I'm saying it's much more likely that we just have some young/inexperienced/beat up players that are making more mistakes than our teams usually do. I think that's much more likely than the same set of coaches we've had for a number of years just all of a sudden not coaching taking care of the ball.

Yes, I think our coaches have done a poor job coaching our team when it comes to taking care of the ball.

f_399

Giving up under 30 points in a college football game is very winnable. Especially against Kansas.

Defense did enough. Was it good? No.

This is on the offense. Just horrible, as usual this season.

Frogs1983

Unimaginative play calling, offense lacks spark... Well, you watched it today.

I think he is a good QB coach and a nice guy but right now I think he is in the same league as Jarrett Anderson when it comes to play calling and offensive strategy.

Oh and maybe if we tried the wildcat formation just one more time because it almost worked the last 37 times we tried it.
"Wild Frog" constant failure , is reminding me of the infamous "short side option" beatdown from a previous OC we used to gnash our teeth over on this site!

Horny4TCU

And yet they had a bad day and gave up more points to Kansas than anyone else in the conference has, which is my whole argument about them having a lot to say about the loss today. HOW IN THE DARN ARE YOU NOT GETTING THIS?!?!

giphy.gif
OSU let them score 28...

Horny4TCU

Today was a complete failure on both sides of the ball. Not scoring a TD thrice in the redzone and then letting them convert on 10-17 3rd downs, some of them resulting in pretty big plays was what sank us. Today, QB play was finally a bright spot. But play calling from the OC and DC really sank us. Get rid of the wildcat and 3-3-5, we might win another game.

wilson912

For those bagging on the def...I agree they weren’t their best but your going to give up +20 in this leaque most weeks. In today’s college football you suck if you can’t get 30 yourself. The stakes and measurables are different in today’s game. Defense used to elevate offenses..that’s rare any more. Offenses elevate defenses in today’s game. Unless GP wants to run the ball + 50... he better find a OC that can generate pressure on opposing teams on the scoreboard.

Did we get a stop in second half? C’mon!

TCURiggs

OSU let them score 28...

They scored a TD with 4 minutes left to get to 28, likely against OSU's backups because they were down by 20. My point still stands that every other Big XII opponent didn't have the problem with Kansas' offense like we did today, and I guarantee you that Gary is going be pissed about his defense's effort today.

Our defense sucks and causes zero turnovers and fails at the most important times. We can’t tackle either!

Our offense sucks and we average two turnovers every game. We tried to give the other team more.

Special needs special teams suck too. Fair catch anyone? Punts?

GetToTheQB

Co
I totally agree we gotta stop the snaps to Sewo and, yes, two turnovers don’t help, but this was one of our more productive offensive efforts of the year. We didn’t stop them in the second half. That’s a major reason why we lost. Our defense is terrible right now maybe because of the injuries. Not sure. That’s not to say Sonny should not be criticized but our defense is a disaster and we know who the DC is. #gofrogs

Truth. Completely foreign concept that our defense has not won us games this year as they did in the past. would be nice to see a little bit of accountability from GP. Did anyone see the press conference with the Citadel HC today? Attaching it. Seeing something like this besides deflecting every bit of criticism he gets would be something nice

Moose Stuff

They scored a TD with 4 minutes left to get to 28, likely against OSU's backups because they were down by 20. My point still stands that every other Big XII opponent didn't have the problem with Kansas' offense like we did today, and I guarantee you that Gary is going be pissed about his defense's effort today.

And he should be pissed, about many things. I will say this, it’s a very different defense with Ty, Innis, and Ross out there. We don’t have anyone that even comes close to replicating what those three can do, especially Ross and Innis.

Mean Purple

No Big 12 team has scored 26 at half against Kansas. Baylor actually beat them by only scoring 26 the whole game, while holding them to 7.

You know what else no other Big 12 team has done? Allowed Kansas to score 27.
Did those defenses have the key injuries we have?

If I was a safety, d tackle or corner I'd come to TCU just on knowing I'll start by end of freshman year ...