• The KillerFrogs

I’m convinced

Brevity Frog

That even if Max plays well tonight, we lose. By 14 to 24 points. The talent differential was real.

And frankly the coaching differential was real. Our coaches came into this one naive. I heard the recording of Smart’s pregame speech. Good grief. It’s “rally the hordes of Mordor” type stuff. Guarantee you it was nothing like Sonny’s “do your job” cream pie speech. And this “the bigger the game the simpler the scheme” stuff doesn’t work when you or are out-talented like this. Gillespie was so naive to say that over and over. You’d better scheme the [ Finebaum ] out of the other side if you are as talent deficient as we were tonight.

But the differential got huge because Max played so poorly. The defense was on the field all the time, typically with a short field. It just wasn’t his night. He couldn’t hit anybody. We couldn’t have beaten Kansas if he’d played like he did tonight. If he hits a couple of wide open guys, or makes better zone reads, it’s a different game, albeit a loss.

At the end of the day, Max brought us here. On his back. I’ll love him forever for it. He couldn’t have won tonight in any circumstance I don’t think. It’s a shame the game got away from him and the team.

TCU did all this with a team with only four bowl experienced players and a first year coach. We will see about next season. Who knows, maybe we will be better. It’ll be fun to watch. Go Frogs.

2themax

Nothing was off the table. Passes to their slot wrs, te's and rb's kept the def off balance. They ran counter run and play action catching the lb's 2-3 steps out of position. Forced the safeties to tackle on the perimeter and attacked them with passes to their te's and rb's. Kept their rb's fresh by rolling 3 deep. Bennett's mobility was unaccounted for.
Their def front attacked Duggan from all angles. Kept a safety over Johnston for most of the game. Aside from the 2 blown coverages, they were on point. They took their chances with the run game minus Miller. Protected their cb's in zone coverages. Pass protection was decent but Max struggled responding on time. Not many sacks to start, but they kept pressure in his face. Ga was ready.

smufrogger

We clearly didn’t prep for this one. Where was the trickery ? The max roll put/ option pass-run. ?

Anyone remember the game where Boise beat Oklahoma by all sorts of unique plays?

We came out with nothing but have max stay in a collapsed pocket.
Meanwhile Georgia did it all. Roll outs- slants / misdirections/ the entire book.

Oh well / it was a long successful season. We were just happy to be there.

Eight

That even if Max plays well tonight, we lose. By 14 to 24 points. The talent differential was real.

And frankly the coaching differential was real. Our coaches came into this one naive. I heard the recording of Smart’s pregame speech. Good grief. It’s “rally the hordes of Mordor” type stuff. Guarantee you it was nothing like Sonny’s “do your job” cream pie speech. And this “the bigger the game the simpler the scheme” stuff doesn’t work when you or are out-talented like this. Gillespie was so naive to say that over and over. You’d better scheme the [ Finebaum ] out of the other side if you are as talent deficient as we were tonight.

But the differential got huge because Max played so poorly. The defense was on the field all the time, typically with a short field. It just wasn’t his night. He couldn’t hit anybody. We couldn’t have beaten Kansas if he’d played like he did tonight. If he hits a couple of wide open guys, or makes better zone reads, it’s a different game, albeit a loss.

At the end of the day, Max brought us here. On his back. I’ll love him forever for it. He couldn’t have won tonight in any circumstance I don’t think. It’s a shame the game got away from him and the team.

TCU did all this with a team with only four bowl experienced players and a first year coach. We will see about next season. Who knows, maybe we will be better. It’ll be fun to watch. Go Frogs.

tcu and gillespie dared teams to beat them throwing the ball down the field while they took the run game away or that was the goal and they tried it last night because uga wasn't going to make the same game planning mistakes as michigan

they couldn't hold the edge in the run game or match up against the tight ends in the passing game so you are getting stretched trying to stop two different things

bennett is much better than people give him credit in making decisions and throwing the ball and you suddenly can't make players capable of doing something they aren't which uga exploited last night

East Coast

Tier 1
Max had nothing to do with this loss. Georgia was flat out better, and made every play in the 1st half. We were 1/2 to a full step step slow on D all night. The OL's pass protection was an F. JG had no answer for Bowers. The coaching staff as a whole was owned.

The only parts of are game that held up were our corners, who played well, and Emari and the OL run blocking, which in my opinion were about a C.

Mean Purple

Hate that it ended like this for Max. They had QJ covered up a lot, but getting the ball off quicker to others would help that. There were times when he just held the ball too long. But he was trying to make something happen. But can’t expect the o line to hold the pocket that long against that d line. Other times o line just got killed by their speed. Putting the D in short field that much clobbered them. But defense was not schemed well. UGA didn’t do much different from other games. Lack of discipline on assignments did not help. May have helped to bring another guy at the line more. 3 man front against UGA ain’t gonna do it.

Not saying we win the game, but there were some issues that were not talent related as well. Dykes even said after the game that hopefully next time coaches and players will know how to handle ir better.

Nobody was beating that buzzsaw the dawgs brought. But Frogs game plan did not help.

Limey Frog

Cover 19. OSU did.
We knew going into this game that in both scheme and personnel their tight-end play was a huge mismatch. They played to that, executed, and rode it all the way. Frankly, the play that cost us a shot was probably Ohio State's missed FG. We could well have lost to the Buckeyes badly, too. But Georgia got their bad game out of their system and I don't think there was anything we could have done. I predicted a win on our prediction thread because there's always time to be sad afterwards and why not be optimistic, but I honestly didn't think we'd win yesterday.

Great year; great memories; massive progress for our program. Go Frogs!

Js96

Great observation, too big of a challenge for our staff and players obviously, but frankly any college football team would’ve been in big trouble against that GA team
It was a great season and fun to watch. Duggan did a great job leading the team and has a heart like no other. It was a perfect storm at the start for Georgia. I think Georgia wins no matter what, but the game could have been closer. Max probably needed another year in college before going to the NFL. If he hits some open throws early, it keeps the defense off the field. The INT pass to Johnson should have been a TD.

tcufrogprince1

This was embarrassing for the university and it's fans. Yes, they were the more talented team, but we gave up before the kickoff and it was truly pathetic. I love our boys for all they have done and credit where credit is due, but this was [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. That team was not ready, not coached, not prepped, no head in the game plain ass pathetic. Let's call a spade a spade. The players should have ran laps after the game. They should all revoke their eligibility to the pros and come back for next year. That was so bad that we will feel the damage and jokes for years, recruiting will now, not be better next year and the year after. Teams will score drop on us for years to come. All the work we did to prove people wrong was literally and harshly proven right beyond doubt in one simple game. We had our shot and we not only choked, we [ Finebaum ] the bed. All of you that are [ muschi ] footing around this are pathetic for not calling it out. This team needs to feel this so that they destroy people next year. We sucked worse than any other team in any other league of any championship in the world. That is how bad that was. No other championship was more lopsided.

KTown Frog

The INT to Johnston was the killer. Not sure he would’ve scored but 24-14, would’ve been huge at that point of the momentum of Georgia. At worst we get a FG and make it 24-10. Instead it’s a pick, then 31-7 and at that point that was it.

I was telling the people around me who kept yelling to get Q the ball that they had 2 for him almost every play. Thought we could’ve used more run read game with Max with the way they were taking away the pass game.

Frogs1983

Max had nothing to do with this loss. Georgia was flat out better, and made every play in the 1st half. We were 1/2 to a full step step slow on D all night. The OL's pass protection was an F. JG had no answer for Bowers. The coaching staff as a whole was owned.

The only parts of are game that held up were our corners, who played well, and Emari and the OL run blocking, which in my opinion were about a C.
Max had nothing to do with the loss? Max played his worst game of the season last night. So did the rest of the team. Max had as much to do with the loss last night as the other 21 starting Frog players.

If Max plays his "typical" game, as well as his teammates, Frogs still lose by 2 -3 touchdowns at least, but not by the record number they did.

HornyWartyToad

The coaching dynamic of this team was awkward. I heard Sonny himself refer several times to it during the season. His approach seemed to be to let the senior players take the leadership role and guide the team's efforts, and the coaches focus on the more technical aspects of installing new systems. I think he even made one statement along the way of, "getting out of the players' way," or words to that effect.
It seemed logical enough given the newness of the relationship and you certainly had to say it worked for the majority of the season.
Unfortunately though, the senior player leaders, as good and talented and devoted as they may be, were not prepared for dealing with a battle of this magnitude. And really, no way they could be, they are just kids without a ton of experience, after all.
I think you have to say Sonny and staff let the team down. And I hate saying that because I love the guy and what he has done this year, but the milquetoast, "Have fun and do your job" approach clearly wasn't big enough to meet the moment. I have faith that he will learn from this, just as all the staff and players will. But as the feelings are still raw, I have to say. . .
Happy Sonny pisses me off.

hfhmilkman

First I say grats to the TCU football team. What they accomplished is 100 times greater than anything Georgia did. TCU captured what football is. That is competition, exceeding the sum of your parts, and exceeding expectations. Teams like TCU are great for college football. Individuals like Max Dugan are great for college football. I believe Max has a real shot to be an NFL QB. Nothing is guaranteed in a profession where so few succeed. In my opinion TCU are the bigger winners. Georgia is just a minor league professional team run by a 25 year old man who has the advantage of competing against kids. Georgia can never win more because the expectation is to win. Everything else is a failure from expectations.
If college football survives this period of change, it is because programs like TCU carried it through this time of uncertainty.

Frogs9080

Max missed savion for a touchdown first play of the game, QJ for a touchdown on the INT, and ended the game with his INT before half. He is a warrior, but call a spade a spade

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
First I say grats to the TCU football team. What they accomplished is 100 times greater than anything Georgia did. TCU captured what football is. That is competition, exceeding the sum of your parts, and exceeding expectations. Teams like TCU are great for college football. Individuals like Max Dugan are great for college football. I believe Max has a real shot to be an NFL QB. Nothing is guaranteed in a profession where so few succeed. In my opinion TCU are the bigger winners. Georgia is just a minor league professional team run by a 25 year old man who has the advantage of competing against kids. Georgia can never win more because the expectation is to win. Everything else is a failure from expectations.
If college football survives this period of change, it is because programs like TCU carried it through this time of uncertainty.
At least we are Big 10 Champs…

Wink Reaction GIF