• The KillerFrogs

Hungover-practically-to-death Game 3 Thread?

hometown frog

Why would Pierce allow the new pitcher to have an intentional walk on his record? I’d have given it to the one who just gave up the lead.
Maybe I’m hazy from the 10 runs scored in our last 3 ABs but didn’t Pierce make that pitching change after a 1-0 count? Doesn’t that charge the BB to the pitcher that started the AB? Still a confusing time to change pitchers IMO

Pharm Frog

Not sure who you replace him with, but he might actually be our best option to replace Eissler. I guess you could just flip them. Doubt it happens, just an observation.

That’s a tough one IMO. Some relievers are effective in part because they throw max effort for their short stints. MP looks smooth to me but not sure if he has that third pitch to go through lineups twice or three times. Can’t be worse than what we’ve been doing unless it messes up our other games

Pharm Frog

Maybe I’m hazy from the 10 runs scored in our last 3 ABs but didn’t Pierce make that pitching change after a 1-0 count? Doesn’t that charge the BB to the pitcher that started the AB? Still a confusing time to change pitchers IMO

I was only able to see on the stats tracker so didn’t see that. I was able to start listening for the last out of B8

Pharm Frog

I think Quintanilla was the pitcher who was replaced by Kubichek (sp?). If so, Q was not charged with a BB so it went to the Kub kid. Fortunately Watson was erased so that runner didn’t hurt an ERA. Actually...I don’t really care if it did or didn’t. Just inconsiderate coaching IMO unless they issued the IW after some live pitches

Eight

i like watching baseball, but really don't have a frame of reference to gauge much (not that has ever stopped me before)

potentially how good is this offense? i saw the opponents era for the year is over 7.00 which i know enough to know isn't good, but how good can this group be for the frogs?

Pharm Frog

i like watching baseball, but really don't have a frame of reference to gauge much (not that has ever stopped me before)

potentially how good is this offense? i saw the opponents era for the year is over 7.00 which i know enough to know isn't good, but how good can this group be for the frogs?

CJS has said it has potential to be a very strong offense which I take to mean possibly the best since the end of the BESR era. College baseball kind of reset with BBCOR like Omaha kind of reset with the transition to TD ameritrade.

Pharm Frog

Not to be nitpicking but this is mathematically possible but very very unlikely. Would require an ass load of walks or HBP and a probably a couple of grand slams.

Moose Stuff

As you know...I know a lot of those boys from OSU. Since we’ve moved back to TX I’ve kind of lost touch. I see they’re playing Colin in LF now...not surprising. And I suppose they still haven’t managed to teach the big boy a slider or something effective in the off-speed category because I didn’t see his name in the box scores.

OSU plays OU in one of their traditional midweek games this week

Assuming “big boy” is Stone.... my impression of that is that his makeup and how he’s being coached aren’t meshing real well right now.

Moose Stuff

That’s a tough one IMO. Some relievers are effective in part because they throw max effort for their short stints. MP looks smooth to me but not sure if he has that third pitch to go through lineups twice or three times. Can’t be worse than what we’ve been doing unless it messes up our other games

At the college level 2 good pitches is usually enough. He has two good pitches. The question would be how his stuff holds up for 75-100 pitches instead of 15-20.

Moose Stuff

JohnFenzy has [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] for brains.

My experience with the average UT fan is that they have to rationalize losing games to little old TCU by convincing themselves it’s definitely not because we’re better than them. That being said, a good portion is this board blames the refs/umps for most of our losses across the three major sports.

Pharm Frog

Assuming “big boy” is Stone.... my impression of that is that his makeup and how he’s being coached aren’t meshing real well right now.

Correct assumption. Impression very likely accurate as well. I could find out for sure if I were inclined. You know that Jake Taylor and Josh Rolette caught him in high school after his first transfer and before his second. Simpson caught him in summer ball on occasion. You’d think Jake and Colin might have some insight on how to get him through this. Both of those boys are baseball savvy.

Pharm Frog

My experience with the average UT fan is that they have to rationalize losing games to little old TCU by convincing themselves it’s definitely not because we’re better than them. That being said, a good portion is this board blames the refs/umps for most of our losses across the three major sports.

Only if a good portion of this board is tcumaniac. Just kidding maniac!

Brog

Was glancing through the UT fan forum on baseball, and a couple of them were saying that at least three of the plays in today's games were errors by UT infielders, but were scored as hits. Someone, they say, is trying to fatten the batting averages of the TCU players. Conspiracy?

Ron Swanson

That being said, a good portion is this board blames the refs/umps for most of our losses across the three major sports.
I’ve learned that it’s just sports fans in general. When a questionable call goes your way, fans just shrug it off and act like nothing really happened. When a call goes against you, fans act like the refs are either incompetent or in cahoots with the opposing team, and say that “we never get the benefit of the doubt”.

It’s just selective “vision” (for lack of a better term).

Pharm Frog

Was glancing through the UT fan forum on baseball, and a couple of them were saying that at least three of the plays in today's games were errors by UT infielders, but were scored as hits. Someone, they say, is trying to fatten the batting averages of the TCU players. Conspiracy?

Called hometown scoring. Been a conspiracy since the late 19th century

flyfishingfrog

the Uterus fans behind me was questioning a few things that were not really that strange - like in the 8th when their SS had the hard grounder go up his arm and kick about 15 feet toward center on him.

They scored it a hit most likely because it was hard hit and their SS made a really good play to even get his glove in front of it at all - could easily have just been a hit up the middle if he had not gotten any leather on it at all.

so they can complain all they want - they still lost the game and the series and it was due to 4 hrs and some great hitting in the 8th.

we had a more E's than they did regardless of easy or tough scoring.

ftwfrog

...and as I’ve mentioned before,a good portion of this board has [ Finebaum ] for brains.

Go frogs!