• The KillerFrogs

Huge win for women’s soccer today....

SnoSki

The winner

I don’t know soccer rules very well so hopefully someone could politely explain this to me..

Is that scoring play above not offsides? Doesnt there need to be at least one defender and the goalie in front of the ball when the scoring person kicks (2 on 1)? It appears that it’s just the goalie and our player when the goal is scored (1 on 1).

This rule never made much sense to me during the few World Cup games I’ve seen so hoping to get some clarity.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
I don’t know soccer rules very well so hopefully someone could politely explain this to me..

Is that scoring play above not offsides? Doesnt there need to be at least one defender and the goalie in front of the ball when the scoring person kicks (2 on 1)? It appears that it’s just the goalie and our player when the goal is scored (1 on 1).

This rule never made much sense to me during the few World Cup games I’ve seen so hoping to get some clarity.
I the player is controlling the ball and gets past defenders, it is not offside. If the ball had been passed to her while she ran past the defenders, it would be.

Last edited:

ATC Frog

Offsides only comes into play when the pass is made. She was onside at that point so what happens after the pass is initiated is irrelevant.

Ron Swanson

How embarrassing

Thanks for the replies.

You got it, bud

Last edited:

froginmn

Thank goodness that isn't the rule, or 99% of games would end 0-0.

Instead of just 98%.