• The KillerFrogs

Howard and Deuce

Eight

Indeed not. Kansas's performance last night was encouraging in that regard. I was responding to the comparative reference to the Texas gameplanning.

understood and it definitely would be prudent that the results before might not be indicative of the next game

Endless Purple

Now that we have had a chance to see Howard, and expect to see him next week, the coaches should be able to game plan. That was not something they probably spent much time on last time.

HornyWartyToad

Not worth starting a whole thread over it, but I've been wondering something related to this one: Have we thrown a single damn screen pass all year? Is that even in the playbook??? I sure don't recall one, and Lord knows there have been plenty of times Max has been under fire and it would've been a good call.
I'm sure the OBT has good reason, but I just don't get it.

StinnettFrog

Not worth starting a whole thread over it, but I've been wondering something related to this one: Have we thrown a single damn screen pass all year? Is that even in the playbook??? I sure don't recall one, and Lord knows there have been plenty of times Max has been under fire and it would've been a good call.
Threw a screen to Miller on a 3rd and 16 against kstate and got the first. There have been others.

Eight

yes, several

Planks

What’s Kansas States record in games where Howard is the starter? Wasn’t Martinez the starter in the Tulane and Texas games they lost? Martinez was technically the starter in the TCU game, but Howard played most of the game, save the time the 3rd string was playing.

I’m trying to think if anyone has been able to beat Kansas State yet this season when Howard plays a full four quarters.

Eight

What’s Kansas States record in games where Howard is the starter? Wasn’t Martinez the starter in the Tulane and Texas games they lost? Martinez was technically the starter in the TCU game, but Howard played most of the game, save the time the 3rd string was playing.

I’m trying to think if anyone has been able to beat Kansas State yet this season when Howard plays a full four quarters.

you are right, the frogs are scheissed, might as well start planning for next year

y2kFrog

Well…he played 95% of the game against and lost. He also has lost his job the last 2 years because he wasn’t good at all, and it makes me wonder if it is all a mirage. 3 of his starts have come against Kansas, West Virginia and Oklahoma State. The 2 worst defenses and one that was bad the last half of the season.

Last edited:

Planks

you are right, the frogs are scheissed, might as well start planning for next year

I’m not saying that. I’m just pointing out K State is probably a better team than their record indicates as at least a couple losses were due to playing the wrong quarterback.

No one has beaten TCU this season yet with Duggan under center either.

Eight

I’m not saying that. I’m just pointing out K State is probably a better team than their record indicates as at least a couple losses were due to playing the wrong quarterback.

No one has beaten TCU this season yet with Duggan under center either.

you think there are posters on this site who haven't seen k state with howard at quarterback or that the idea that they most likely would have beaten texas with howard hasn't been discussed already?

huh