• The KillerFrogs

How many ways is GP recording tonight’s OU Spring game?

4th. down

Yeah we are giving GP a hard time, but Cumbie’s execution against that atrocious OU defense is just inexcusable. Assume it will be a big determinant on whether Cumbie is around in 2020

True, but in Cumbie's defense, you gotta have a good dual threat QB or a pro style like Trevor to beat him. Like I mentioned previously, if we had Mayfield and Murray, we beat OU3/4 or maybe 4/4. GP's defense is way better than Big Game Bob's brother, Mike.

I do not usually watch off season American football but new girlfriend is Tech grad so we went to practice in Frisco, TX. We should be watching them too because we lost last year.

PhillyFrog

I believe you mean every other year. OU did not have a bye the week before playing us in 2013, 2015 or 2017.

Of course, it hasn’t mattered one way or the other.

Okay, every other year.

I stand corrected.

However, I do recall this past season that Gary pointed out Riley did in fact install new variations on their offense in that extra week for our game.

Everything else being equal, it's tougher to do that kind of thing in one week during a season.

It may well not be determinative, given their overall recruiting advantage, but it sure seems contributory.

Eight

Okay, every other year.

I stand corrected.

However, I do recall this past season that Gary pointed out Riley did in fact install new variations on their offense in that extra week for our game.

Everything else being equal, it's tougher to do that kind of thing in one week during a season.

It may well not be determinative, given their overall recruiting advantage, but it sure seems contributory.

you mean isolating the tcu safeties and linebackers in coverage running vertical and crossing routes?

not like any other schools attack the frogs in this manner or dana spent half a game a year ago during the cfp coaches round table telling gary his signs

Froggish

It’s no secret that crossing up our LBs is how to frustrate the Frogs Def. It’s just not that easy to do when we have a good defensive line..We have often rightfully talked about the many great DE and CBS that have come through GPs reign but I maintain that we have been truly dominant when we have gotten great play in the middle of the field.

I think a healthy Blacklock and Gaines would have made last years defense one of the best in school history. Those two combined with Ben, LJ, TY, and Glad...Would have been damn nasty by the end of the year..You can underestimate how much of impact losing Ross and Gaines was to the overall scheme

Eight

It’s no secret that crossing up our LBs is how to frustrate the Frogs Def. It’s just not that easy to do when we have a good defensive line..We have often rightfully talked about the many great DE and CBS that have come through GPs reign but I maintain that we have been truly dominant when we have gotten great play in the middle of the field.

I think a healthy Blacklock and Gaines would have made last years defense one of the best in school history. Those two combined with Ben, LJ, TY, and Glad...Would have been damn nasty by the end of the year..You can underestimate how much of impact losing Ross and Gaines was to the overall scheme

i agree and it isn't a coincidence the way the 2014 tcu played at the end of the year with the big two d-tackles frogs had creating problems.

gaines was a very big loss and it didn't help frogs had a linebacker who struggled in pass coverage that got a great deal of playing time last year.

it will be interesting with kingsbury, beatty, and dana gone from the conference how that impacts the tcu defense this year.

doubt you will have the same sharing of information between those schools this year.

Froggish

i agree and it isn't a coincidence the way the 2014 tcu played at the end of the year with the big two d-tackles frogs had creating problems.

gaines was a very big loss and it didn't help frogs had a linebacker who struggled in pass coverage that got a great deal of playing time last year.

it will be interesting with kingsbury, beatty, and dana gone from the conference how that impacts the tcu defense this year.

doubt you will have the same sharing of information between those schools this year.

A league that becomes more run heavy plays right into Gary’s hands...

GP taking quite a bit of flak in this thread. Interesting, and deserved, but not what I’m accustomed to seeing around these parts. Think his secrecy and paranoia doesn’t play well when you win 4 conference games or whatever.
In LHCGP's defense....at least he finally got a placekicker

Eight

A league that becomes more run heavy plays right into Gary’s hands...

will be interesting to see how the league's offensive identity continues to change this year.

how many teams will have the r-n-s influence in their offensive schemes and how many will have a power running basis?