• The KillerFrogs

How many play post-season?

Froginbedford

I'm sure I'm slow on the uptake here, and this has been discussed before....

It's hard to remember for sure which G5 conferences are still planning on playing this year....

AAC--11 teams, CUSA--14 teams, Sunbelt--10 teams...ACC--15 teams with temporary Notre Dame, Big 12--10 teams, SEC--14 teams....

My battery-powered calculator says that's 74 total schools competing for a spot in one of 42 bowls....

Two teams playing in each bowl...84 total teams needed....

74 guzzinta 84 once with a remainder of 10....

So, how many 4-6 and maybe 3-7 teams get selected by the bowls this year?

Or will some of the marginal and minor bowls simply wave the flag in late November?

HG73

I'm sure I'm slow on the uptake here, and this has been discussed before....

It's hard to remember for sure which G5 conferences are still planning on playing this year....

AAC--11 teams, CUSA--14 teams, Sunbelt--10 teams...ACC--15 teams with temporary Notre Dame, Big 12--10 teams, SEC--14 teams....

My battery-powered calculator says that's 74 total schools competing for a spot in one of 42 bowls....

Two teams playing in each bowl...84 total teams needed....

74 guzzinta 84 once with a remainder of 10....

So, how many 4-6 and maybe 3-7 teams get selected by the bowls this year?

Or will some of the marginal and minor bowls simply wave the flag in late November?
Methinks some of the lesser bowls take the season off. That's if there's a season to take off.

CountryFrog

Same. Even if we play a full season, I wouldn’t expect more than the CFP.
I think there's a very good chance we get the full NY6 assuming we make it that far.

But I have no idea. I'm probably more hoping than anything else.

Also, how long until we have to hear everyone start debating "should the playoff just be Clemson and 3 SEC teams?" 1 week into the season? 2nd segment of the College Gameday season preview show?

Moose Stuff

I think there's a very good chance we get the full NY6 assuming we make it that far.

Also, how long until we have to hear everyone start debating "should the playoff just be Clemson and 3 SEC teams?" 1 week into the season? 2nd segment of the College Gameday season preview show?

I would agree that if we play a full regular season we get some sort of playoff .

froginmn

Clemson, 2 SEC, and tOSU.

Latest posts