1. The KillerFrogs

How losing my son years ago took away my fear of Covid 19

Discussion in 'Hell's Half Acre' started by Paint It Purple, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Closing paragraph of article: "For me, it boils down to this: life is a condition that ends in death 100 percent of the time for 100 percent of human beings. There’s no stopping it. It will come whether we’re ready or not, and possibly when we least expect it.

What’s important is how we live our lives during the days, weeks, and years in between. If we allow fear of illness or death to rule our lives, we’ll be unable to learn the lessons we learn through all life’s trials, troubles, and struggles — and isn’t that what makes life worth living?"

https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/11/how-losing-my-son-years-ago-took-away-my-fear-of-covid-19/

2. "Bravo!" to Jenni White.

3. Thanks for sharing. In 1984 I lost my 4 day old daughter before she left Harris Hospital. In 1996 my wife was told she had pancreatic cancer. We fought that battle until Sept. 2001. Live every day as if it is your last.

4. Sorry to hear about both of those man. Thank you for soldiering on.

5. Nothing could be more devastating than the loss of one's child.....

Paul in uhh, BABYFACE and Salfrog like this.
  6. Her son has the exact same birthday as my soon to be 17 year old, high honor roll, left handed pitcher son. Could not imagine my life without him.

Paul in uhh, BABYFACE, Eight and 3 others like this.
  7. Friends of mine lost their son to sids at 81 days. They were devestated, of course, but turned it into a positive and created a non-profit to help families of child who passed in utero and up to 2 years after birth. I know it's been a long time but you may be interested in getting to know others who have gone through what you did. If you're on social media just look for Rhett Sullivan Foundation. Wonderful people and wonderful organization doing wonderful things.

BABYFACE, COWTOWN FAN and Eight like this.
  8. Sorry to hear of your losses.

9. Tough read but very true about perspective.

My youngest daughter, a 2020 HS graduate, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 18 months of age.

I was feeling devastated on my drive to the hospital from the pediatrician. From ER to the hospital room carrying this feeling of unfairness. I started to notice the other rooms around us on the 4th floor. We were located in the cardiac unit of Cooks. At that point, I started to be thankful that she didn’t have heart problems, and blessed that her disease can be managed. I got big dose of perspective.

sketchy, Salfrog, Eight and 1 other person like this.
  10. And, bless Miss Babyface’s heart. Isn’t it great being a little girl’s dad.

Paul in uhh, Salfrog and BABYFACE like this.
  11. May God bring you comfort even still.