• The KillerFrogs

How come no coverage of Noteboom and Hicks at Combine by TCU Football?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
That NFL Network live coverage of the Wonderlic Test may well be the most compelling thing on television.

I think it’s a close second to the suspense of watching them slide the weights on yeh scales. You can cut the suspense with a knife as you wait to see if it shows 305.25 or 305.5! Sometimes I can’t even watch.

helcap

Watch him and Bosen a lot during the big 12 championship and Bosen could have had 15 sacks of Brown didn’t hold every play. It was amazing that it wasn’t called one time. Doesn’t move his feet well and the 14 reps shows he’s just fat and not strong
From analysis of Brown's weaknesses at combine sight

• Willingness to maul could lead to spike in holding penalties

Sebastian S

DXTkMCpWAAE-_f6.jpg:large

TRF51

I still don’t understand how we only get two invites when we have an all America edge guy and the all time leading tackler of our program don’t get invited, not even mentioning a good saftey and corner who were also deserving.

Eight

I still don’t understand how we only get two invites when we have an all America edge guy and the all time leading tackler of our program don’t get invited, not even mentioning a good saftey and corner who were also deserving.

simple, the combine is about the eye ball test and none of those players project well based upon physical appearance. boesen in college was an undersized de, howard was an undersized linebacker and in all honesty he projects to average sized at best nfl safety wo knowledge of his ability to cover as a true safety, orr was a smaller safety, and texada was a smaller corner with some health issues.

doesn't mean they can't play football, but the combine is about height, weight, physical tests, etc.......they all will get a chance to test at tcu's pro day and at that time patterson and his staff will get a chance to sell the strengths of the various players.

some will require some projection. boesen might need to project to a olb/stand up de which means the ability to drop in coverage. at tcu's pro day he would get time to work in those drills where at the combine he won't.

the interesting thing about last year's team is a number of the guys who project favorably to the nfl are coming back