• The KillerFrogs

How bad does this suck?

ftwfrog

QUOTE(weklfrog @ Jul 28 2009, 09:54 AM) [snapback]356933[/snapback]
more likely he set his wedding date before the fall football schedule was released. he just assumed the Utah game would be on a Thursday nite.

I don't buy this argument. We had a situation like this a few years ago and the wife said, "well they had to schedule their wedding before the TCU schedule was released."

That doesn't matter. Guess what?? They play college football on Saturdays in the Fall. Hence, for all of your guests, and friends, get married in the spring or summer. Its that simple, if your whoooaaa of a fiance insists, than you insist on not showing up.

Shooter

QUOTE(ftwfrog @ Jul 28 2009, 09:26 AM) [snapback]356943[/snapback]
I don't buy this argument. We had a situation like this a few years ago and the wife said, "well they had to schedule their wedding before the TCU schedule was released."

That doesn't matter. Guess what?? They play college football on Saturdays in the Fall. Hence, for all of your guests, and friends, get married in the spring or summer. Its that simple, if your whoooaaa of a fiance insists, than you insist on not showing up.

Spot on target.

Houston Frog

Yeah, non-football people just don't understand. It's not necessarily TCU football fans only, and it's not only for the groom. When you put a wedding in the fall, you are inconveniencing lots and lots of people. We all have friends that went to TCU, UT, LSU, A&M, Texas Tech, etc... if you put your wedding on a weekend in the fall, you're going to pi$$ off a lot of people.

Even if you and your wife aren't football fans, you should be able to understand that doing this is rude.

I was the best man in a wedding last year and the groom told me that his fiancee wanted to set the date in September. I told them that if they made the wedding on September 27th (OU vs TCU), they would have to find another best man, cause I wasn't f*c*ing coming. They are both Aggies and he picked an A&M bye week, which happened to be the Stanford vs TCU game. Luckily it was an evening wedding and the game got moved up, so I was able to watch it on TV.

It was still a prick move IMO, and I ripped him about it in my speech that night.

BABYFACE

QUOTE(Frog4Real @ Jul 28 2009, 09:16 AM) [snapback]356908[/snapback]
I'm in the same situation....the wife and I will be in CA for a wedding that same weekend. I seriously don't wanna miss the game, but it's one of my best friends. Still can't believe he (TCU alum) chose the weekend of the Utah game.

I guess another case in point where a lot of our alumni don't follow the program. Correct? On the other hand I have witnessed guys getting whooped over a gal. They just lose it. It is a sad thing to witness.

Leaving the reception early to watch the game at a bar makes no sense at all. If you aren't going to be present for the best part of the event, then don't go to the event at all. You might as well be in Fort Worth.

Not to mention, you won't leave early to go watch at the bar. You may intend on doing that, but for whatever reason you will be stuck at the event.

You are left with two acceptable options:

1. Grow a pair and don't go.

2. Realize that you are just a p word and attend the wedding knowing your wife owns you.

Either option sets the tone for the rest of your life, so choose wisely.

Shooter

QUOTE(ShaleFrog @ Jul 28 2009, 11:03 AM) [snapback]357001[/snapback]
Leaving the reception early to watch the game at a bar makes no sense at all. If you aren't going to be present for the best part of the event, then don't go to the event at all. You might as well be in Fort Worth.

Not to mention, you won't leave early to go watch at the bar. You may intend on doing that, but for whatever reason you will be stuck at the event.

2. Realize that you are just a p word and attend the wedding knowing your wife owns you.

Well said. Option 1. is the only way to go or you'll be paying the price forever.

HFrog1999

I got in an argument with some members of my wife's family at a wedding last year because I insisted we leave the reception early to watch the New Mexico game live on TV even though I had Tivo setup. Don't worry, there wasn't any beer at the reception so I didn't leave the good part.

Shooter

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Jul 28 2009, 11:23 AM) [snapback]357015[/snapback]
I got in an argument with some members of my wife's family at a wedding last year because I insisted we leave the reception early to watch the New Mexico game live on TV even though I had Tivo setup. Don't worry, there wasn't any beer at the reception so I didn't leave the good part.

So, who won the argument?

Big Frog II

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jul 28 2009, 11:21 AM) [snapback]356970[/snapback]
Yeah, non-football people just don't understand. It's not necessarily TCU football fans only, and it's not only for the groom. When you put a wedding in the fall, you are inconveniencing lots and lots of people. We all have friends that went to TCU, UT, LSU, A&M, Texas Tech, etc... if you put your wedding on a weekend in the fall, you're going to pi$$ off a lot of people.

Even if you and your wife aren't football fans, you should be able to understand that doing this is rude.

I was the best man in a wedding last year and the groom told me that his fiancee wanted to set the date in September. I told them that if they made the wedding on September 27th (OU vs TCU), they would have to find another best man, cause I wasn't f*c*ing coming. They are both Aggies and he picked an A&M bye week, which happened to be the Stanford vs TCU game. Luckily it was an evening wedding and the game got moved up, so I was able to watch it on TV.

It was still a prick move IMO, and I ripped him about it in my speech that night.

You have friends that are Aggies?

HFrog1999

QUOTE(Shooter @ Jul 28 2009, 12:31 PM) [snapback]357018[/snapback]
So, who won the argument?

We made it to my house in time for kickoff :cool:

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Big Frog II @ Jul 28 2009, 12:41 PM) [snapback]357021[/snapback]
You have friends that are Aggies?

Yeah, my two best friends from since I was born are an Aggie and a Longhorn. Me and the Longhorn were co-bestmen in this wedding and we ripped on Aggie football pretty good in our speeches. Nothing tacky, but we both let him know how we felt that we had to miss our games so he wouldn't have to miss one of his, even though we have top 20 teams and his team was one of the worst in the FBS.

Froglaw

I'll type up a 10% discount coupon off the husband's first month of attorney's fees for the divorce.

Stick it in a gift envelope.

See you at my tailgate in Lot 3, Space 47.

Any couple that stupid won't be married for long anyway.

Zammers

QUOTE(kaiser soze @ Jul 27 2009, 09:24 PM) [snapback]356831[/snapback]
Zammers - you are greatly failing to live up to the expectations your avatar. See above.

You have no idea how much it pains me.

Zammers

QUOTE(ShaleFrog @ Jul 28 2009, 12:03 PM) [snapback]357001[/snapback]

Well I disagree with both options 1 and 2.

I pulled option #1 last year and everything was cool since I had one "pass". (I figured that I would never have to deal with this again.)

Option 2 is just ridiculous if you think my wife owns me and I'm a p word (If you knew me you'd know)

So that brings me to Option 3 (the only option): Go to the wedding and become the loudest drunkest, most bitter TCU fan possible.............Which then ensures that Option 1 will be the only option in the future.

Sound good?

ectofrog

QUOTE(Zammers @ Jul 28 2009, 01:38 PM) [snapback]357062[/snapback]
Well I disagree with both options 1 and 2.

I pulled option #1 last year and everything was cool since I had one "pass". (I figured that I would never have to deal with this again.)

Option 2 is just ridiculous if you think my wife owns me and I'm a p word (If you knew me you'd know)

So that brings me to Option 3 (the only option): Go to the wedding and become the loudest drunkest, most bitter TCU fan possible.............Which then ensures that Option 1 will be the only option in the future.

Sound good?

Real smart, McFly. Choose the option where you get in MORE crap with the wife than you would if you'd skipped the wedding...but still have to go to the wedding and miss the best home game of the year.

QUOTE(Zammers @ Jul 27 2009, 01:53 PM) [snapback]356637[/snapback]
It has come to my attention that I will be required to be at a wedding in November. Both the bride and groom are TCU alumni. Here's how the convo went down:

"Why the hell would you agree to a wedding in the fall during football season?"

He said, "I didn't know that TCU played regular season games in November."

I said, "Yes they do, always have. Let's just hope its an away game. Look it up (iphone)"

He said, "Ohhhhhh. They are playing Utah at home."

(This is where I lost it and almost strangled him. I then turned to the bride shook my head and said "That is absolutely pathetic!"

He said, "Honey we'll have to get a TV at the reception for this game." (Yeah like that is going to happen)

I'm so pissed!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly why we never sell games out because half our following has their head up their asses.

The one good thing: It's in New Orleans. So the drinks will be flowing like the Mississippi.

Here's the next question:

1. Do I "TRY" and avoid the score all weekend and return home on Sunday and watch the game on TIVO? (almost impossible)

or

2. Sneak out of the reception to a bar and watch the game live....most likely without sound.

Zach, it is amazing how small the world is. Even on the internet.

We both feel awful that our wedding is going to cause you to miss the TCU/Utah game. Please don't feel that you are required to attend, in fact, don't even worry about the wedding.

As to the rest of the TCU fans who posted to this.

I challenge you all to Get A Life. If TCU actually broke out of the middle tier, and into the national spotlight I would probably agree with you. Is it me or does that same thing seem to happen year after year. TCU has one final hurdle to get over, and they never do. What happened last year at the Utah game… I was in New Orleans on December 31, and didn't see too many people wearing purple.

TCU football is what it is. A middle tier program, that improves every year. I for one am not going to rearrange my life for it.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(FreckledHammerFrog @ Jul 28 2009, 03:53 PM) [snapback]357159[/snapback]
Zach, it is amazing how small the world is. Even on the internet.

We both feel awful that our wedding is going to cause you to miss the TCU/Utah game. Please don't feel that you are required to attend, in fact, don't even worry about the wedding.

As to the rest of the TCU fans who posted to this.

I challenge you all to Get A Life. If TCU actually broke out of the middle tier, and into the national spotlight I would probably agree with you. Is it me or does that same thing seem to happen year after year. TCU has one final hurdle to get over, and they never do. What happened last year at the Utah game… I was in New Orleans on December 31, and didn't see too many people wearing purple.

TCU football is what it is. A middle tier program, that improves every year. I for one am not going to rearrange my life for it.

13.gif

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

15.gif