• The KillerFrogs

How bad does this suck?

Zammers

It has come to my attention that I will be required to be at a wedding in November. Both the bride and groom are TCU alumni. Here's how the convo went down:

"Why the hell would you agree to a wedding in the fall during football season?"

He said, "I didn't know that TCU played regular season games in November."

I said, "Yes they do, always have. Let's just hope its an away game. Look it up (iphone)"

He said, "Ohhhhhh. They are playing Utah at home."

(This is where I lost it and almost strangled him. I then turned to the bride shook my head and said "That is absolutely pathetic!"

He said, "Honey we'll have to get a TV at the reception for this game." (Yeah like that is going to happen)

I'm so pissed!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly why we never sell games out because half our following has their head up their asses.

The one good thing: It's in New Orleans. So the drinks will be flowing like the Mississippi.

Here's the next question:

1. Do I "TRY" and avoid the score all weekend and return home on Sunday and watch the game on TIVO? (almost impossible)

or

2. Sneak out of the reception to a bar and watch the game live....most likely without sound.

D

Daniel Plainview

You need to figure out your priorities in life.

and if I were you I'd de-friend this guy on facebook and skip the wedding.

SnoSki

QUOTE(Zammers @ Jul 27 2009, 06:53 PM) [snapback]356637[/snapback]
It has come to my attention that I will be required to be at a wedding in November. Both the bride and groom are TCU alumni. Here's how the convo went down:

"Why the hell would you agree to a wedding in the fall during football season?"

This statement alone is basis for his release from being your friend.

That said, option 1 is the better choice. Suck it up, try to avoid killerfrogs and newspapers all together. And airport TVs.

LVfrog

You gotta pick better friends. Tivo is great but this might be the most important game of the year.
Enjoy the wedding.

Send your friend a present and go to the game. Good grief, what total idiots. Not just during football season, but on the biggest home game of the year.

Seriously, do NOT go to that wedding. Your "friends" don't deserve your company for misplanning their wedding so badly.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Zammers @ Jul 27 2009, 01:53 PM) [snapback]356637[/snapback]

I didn't think gay marriages were legal in the U.S.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Zammers @ Jul 27 2009, 01:53 PM) [snapback]356637[/snapback]
Here's the next question:

1. Do I "TRY" and avoid the score all weekend and return home on Sunday and watch the game on TIVO? (almost impossible)

or

2. Sneak out of the reception to a bar and watch the game live....most likely without sound.

Option 3. Sabotage the wedding and force a postponement.

sous vide

QUOTE(RadioShackFrog @ Jul 27 2009, 03:37 PM) [snapback]356650[/snapback]
Option 3. Sabotage the wedding and force a postponement.

I agree with another poster: Send a present. I'd add a letter with all sorts of nice sentiments. You might arrange to send text msgs to the emcee of the reception to loudly call out the score at intervals as well. With good luck, the idiotic couple will be so totally upstaged and devastated that the word will go around to all future couples to not be so gol' darned stupid.

Big Frog II

No home football games in November. What planet did this guy come from?

Memo to all, tell your "friends" to QUIT planning weddings in the fall!

Whatever happened to June Brides? There is a reason why so many weddings are held in June. Right, there's no football. You single people out there, THINK. When you pop the question, say "will you marry me between Feb. 1 and Aug. 15?"

curt3301

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jul 27 2009, 02:03 PM) [snapback]356647[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly.

Metropolis777

Thank them for the invite, send a present, and go to the game. Seriously, as the wins pile up this year, it will become a no brainer on Nov 8. You will not be in New Orleans on Nov 14

Frogo

TIVO the wedding instead.

No, seriously, your friends are your friends even if they exhibit atrocious foresight. Try not to be bitter. Me, I'd sneak out during the reception to watch. But is that really an option for you in New Orleans?

Shooter

One last time: Friends don't let friends get married during football/hunting season, period dot. Anyone getting married during this time period deserves an empty house.

BABYFACE

QUOTE(Lomez @ Jul 27 2009, 01:59 PM) [snapback]356643[/snapback]
I've got a wedding on November 14th as well, in San Antonio.

I'm going to the game.

I aprreciate a person that his priorities straight.

Rex Kramer

QUOTE(Big Frog II @ Jul 27 2009, 02:13 PM) [snapback]356654[/snapback]
When you pop the question, say will "you marry me between Feb. 1 and Aug. 15?"

:biggrin: Well played sir.

BABYFACE

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jul 27 2009, 02:03 PM) [snapback]356647[/snapback]

:biggrin:

BABYFACE

Unfrickinbelievable! Theguy said he din't know TCU played un FB games in November. It is obvious as previously posted, he does not pay attention to TCU FB, or even when was in school at TCU.
Zammers, seriously, you must have been rethinking your friendship with this guy when he made that idiotic statement.

ectofrog

The answer is no. I was asked to OFFICIATE my friend's fall wedding. They wanted to do it on a Saturday. I told them if they wanted a normal wedding, they'd better make it a Friday cause if it conflicted with a TCU game they were getting me on a television set doing the ceremony pre-taped.

They complied. I made the Wyoming game.

Frog DJ

QUOTE(ectofrog @ Jul 27 2009, 05:30 PM) [snapback]356769[/snapback]
The answer is no. I was asked to OFFICIATE my friend's fall wedding. They wanted to do it on a Saturday. I told them if they wanted a normal wedding, they'd better make it a Friday cause if it conflicted with a TCU game they were getting me on a television set doing the ceremony pre-taped.

They complied. I made the Wyoming game.

That's my boy! I taught him well!

Go Frogs!