• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

punter9

Lol. There isn’t a football coach who doesn’t fill the a hole shoes. You’ve never set foot on a field if you think they’re winning by being nice. Scholarships determine if you can even go to school and eat next semester, which is why nil is bad for coaches

Moose Stuff

Lol. There isn’t a football coach who doesn’t fill the a hole shoes. You’ve never set foot on a field if you think they’re winning by being nice. Scholarships determine if you can even go to school and eat next semester, which is why nil is bad for coaches

NIL is bad for everything. We’ll look back on it at some point in the future as one of the worst ideas in college sports history.

SuperTFrog

Can you imagine yelling at the Alabama quarterback who’s already basically a millionaire? Then you bench them for a few downs and all the brands supporting them in the nil lose their minds??
Imagine the boosters demanding a meeting with Gary Patterson after the game for benching Zach Evans after he fumbled. SO STUPID

punter9

Imagine the boosters demanding a meeting with Gary Patterson after the game for benching Zach Evans after he fumbled. SO STUPID

Nice paying D2 coaching jobs are going to become very popular. You can tell the local Applebees to shove it with few to no consequences

Endless Purple

That it what I am expecting at some point. A booster pays a star recruit, then when the player doesn't get playing time, he goes after the coach to demand the player get on the field or pulls money from donations to the school (and maybe coaches paycheck).

Eight

Can you imagine yelling at the Alabama quarterback who’s already basically a millionaire? Then you bench them for a few downs and all the brands supporting them in the nil lose their minds??

good thing o'brien is the oc and he got along with his nfl quarterbacks

Hemingway

That it what I am expecting at some point. A booster pays a star recruit, then when the player doesn't get playing time, he goes after the coach to demand the player get on the field or pulls money from donations to the school (and maybe coaches paycheck).
Wrong. Let’s say that team X is favored by 7.5 points and I need my sponsored player on team X to make sure that team Y covers.... Well if he doesn’t do what I ask and make sure that happens then I’m going to pull his sponsorship and he can kiss that money goodbye.

This scenario is about happen everywhere in college sports.

Moose Stuff

Wrong. Let’s say that team X is favored by 7.5 points and I need my sponsored player on team X to make sure that team Y covers.... Well if he doesn’t do what I ask and make sure that happens then I’m going to pull his sponsorship and he can kiss that money goodbye.

This scenario is about happen everywhere in college sports.

I can easily see something like this happening.

A few things that appear to be happening:

- The alliance is going to form to influence the NCAA re-imagining work going on, and try to keep as much of the collegiate model alive as possible. No paying players, no breakaway league.

- They are going to hold any playoff expansion for 2025 to allow for a competitive TV bid, and likely try to get FOX involved.

- Will this mean anything to realignment? Hard to say. At this point, the alliance will serve as the counter-punch to the SEC's aggression and then each league will have to decide for themselves where to go next...

How long will you have to wait to hear on TCU's plan 1A?

“There’s no hard deadline related to any of this, but I would say I don’t think it’s good for college athletics given the vibration that’s going on as a result of the Texas and Oklahoma news. The quicker we can dampen that vibration, the better. We will have a decision on whether we intend to expand or not in the next couple of weeks.”

My read of those comments is more negative than positive, but we shall see what happens.

Last edited:

TCU Vagabond

A few things that appear to be happening:

- The alliance is going to form to influence the NCAA re-imagining work going on, and try to keep as the collegiate model alive as possible. No paying players, no breakaway league.

- They are going to hold any playoff expansion for 2025 to allow for a competitive TV bid, and likely try to get FOX involved.

- Will this mean anything to realignment? Hard to say. At this point, the alliance will serve as the counter-punch to the SEC's aggression and then each league will have to decide for themselves where to go next...

How long will you have to wait to hear on TCU's plan 1A?

“There’s no hard deadline related to any of this, but I would say I don’t think it’s good for college athletics given the vibration that’s going on as a result of the Texas and Oklahoma news. The quicker we can dampen that vibration, the better. We will have a decision on whether we intend to expand or not in the next couple of weeks.”

My read of those comments is more negative than positive, but we shall see what happens.

Could you elaborate on the more negative than positive?

Frozen Frog

Why am I starting to think that the rest of college football could tell the SEC to get lost? I understand the NIL has gotten out of control outside of the SEC particularly at Ohio St., but something bigger seems to be brewing. I get the feeling that much of the NCAA is just tired of the SEC. They beat their chest about winning football while playing weak schedules in stadiums filled with fans that only know 3 letters.

When Oklahoma wins a game are we going to hear UT fans chanting SEC? Are we going to see A&M fans cheering for UT in a bowl?