• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

punter9

I’m still on this big ten kick. A solid collection of “former” b12 teams could easily extend geographically down into Texas through Kansas. An easy western league with Iowa and Nebraska maybe even as far as Illinois and northwestern. Add Kansas tech osu Tcu etc. pick em but easy to get to 8-10 teams. We’ve all said 16 is the number but it could be higher. Realistically these teams add cash flow now so they should be appealing

TCUdirtbag

I’m still on this big ten kick. A solid collection of “former” b12 teams could easily extend geographically down into Texas through Kansas. An easy western league with Iowa and Nebraska maybe even as far as Illinois and northwestern. Add Kansas tech osu Tcu etc. pick em but easy to get to 8-10 teams. We’ve all said 16 is the number but it could be higher. Realistically these teams add cash flow now so they should be appealing

In no reality will the B1G touch Oklahoma State or Texas Tech. Absolutely 0%.

Hell Sent Frog

No way the PAC-12 doesn't take TCU. That conference has to worry about the ACC taking TCU and then they would look really silly.
The ACC was willing to take Louisville, and they would be willing to take TCU, just like the Big East did, if they needed to add a team.
TCU and the DFW area just offers too much (tv market, recruiting, Horned Frog football, those schools' alumni living in the area, etc.) to these two conferences.

HFrog12

Their academics are ranked better than Tech, OSU, and WVU. Their faculties are on par with Iowa State and WVU and KU. Arguably better than KU. Not sure their program combo is markedly worse than Tech or WVU or ISU. Travel is just as bad as OSU and ISU and WVU.

I wouldn’t ignore the possibility of old big 8 teams looking out for each other and trying to move en masse to the PAC with CU. There’s a path that leaves TCU and BU in the cold.

We have done just about all we can other than win for the PAC. Increased enrollment with a lot from west coast, added a med school, gotten more woke, scheduled non-con pac games, and put as much money as we could in our facilities. We sit in a big metro which makes it easy to travel. There are lots of positives we have to the PAC. That being said, I’m with you, at the end of the day we are a small Texas school. Purple glasses off I think we are hosed.

TCUdirtbag

Best case for everyone?

UT + OU to SEC.
KU to B1G. Drags along KSU or ISU.
WVU (+ ND) to ACC.

That leaves Tech, OK State, TCU, Baylor, and one of ISU/KSU. 5 schools for 4 slots to join the PAC East with Arizona, ASU, Utah, and CU. Tech and OK State are locks, so it’s down to TCU, BU, and ISU/KSU for the last 2 slots. I have no clue where that goes. But the NCAA could do us a solid and drop the hammer on BU.

Boomhauer

No way the PAC-12 doesn't take TCU. That conference has to worry about the ACC taking TCU and then they would look really silly.
The ACC was willing to take Louisville, and they would be willing to take TCU, just like the Big East did, if they needed to add a team.
TCU and the DFW area just offers too much (tv market, recruiting, Horned Frog football, those schools' alumni living in the area, etc.) to these two conferences.

Do you think any of the PAC schools will be ok giving up games with USC/UCLA to play TCU?

jake102

Best case for everyone?

UT + OU to SEC.
KU to B1G. Drags along KSU or ISU.
WVU (+ ND) to ACC.

That leaves Tech, OK State, TCU, Baylor, and one of ISU/KSU. 5 schools for 4 slots to join the PAC East with Arizona, ASU, Utah, and CU. Tech and OK State are locks, so it’s down to TCU, BU, and ISU/KSU for the last 2 slots. I have no clue where that goes. But the NCAA could do us a solid and drop the hammer on BU.

Baylor in the same conference with Cal Berkeley just seems like an impossibility

TCUdirtbag

lol

The ACC is adding WVU. TCU needs the Big 12 to survive or a PAC invite. The end.

HFrog12

All of this forces Notre Dame to ACC full time. That leaves one more spot and WVU makes the most sense. There is no path for TCU to ACC. Wish there was.