• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Virginia Frog

The disrespect to A&M is phenomenal. And they just have to sit and take it, apparently. They were basically bait to lure Texas out of the Big 12.
The Aggies have simply been a disappointment to the SEC. The football has been very marginal since entering in 2012. (Missou too)

As a result, they've lost their cred with the powers-that-be and the "handshake agreement" to not admit another school from Texas without their approval will be abrogated. Hard cheese fellas...UT/OU is the new SEC flavor of the decade.

Froggish

I feel like wherever we land coming out of this current B12 implosion will only be temporary. Like no more than a couple of years. College Football feels pretty empty at this point

Mean Purple

only the ags could be this possibly stupid
depends what is in the deal they made with the SECond.
It was crazy how much Slive bent on that. But he knew the ACC was planning to make some big moves. People forget that before Aggy and Misery bolted, ACC was in the news planning ahead.

Waco Bear

Enjoy the Southland Conference.

Hopefully not an experience I’ll have but we’ll see. Ideal situation would be 4 Texoma schools to PAC 12 and form a pod that pairs up with a pod of the two Arizona schools, Utah, and Colorado. That would keep us in the Central and Mountain time zones for most games. Personal preference would be ACC, but that’s not happening. I realize we’re supposed to hate eachother but I hope the best for y’all. This great state doesn’t need fewer P5 teams in the mix.

Mean Purple

You people are pathetic.

you hate the left learners in the admin UNLESS it can help the dumb sports get into a dumb sports league. Then it’s great.

you [ #2020 ]s are really principled!
(cough ... cough) ahem, uh, says the lawyer stalking smu coeds and one minor soccer team from across the pond.

Mean Purple

Mean Purple

lol. Ok, man.

Haven’t heard that one. OSU isn’t an AAU school, are they? BIG10 won’t invite a school if they aren’t. Both KU and ISU are.
not sure if you have turned on the tv lately, but college football is a billion dollar biz and it recently went to a whole new level of wild west we didn't know possible.
Those ratings are already driven politically and financially. Don't think for a minute arrangements would not be made.

Endless Purple

Hopefully not an experience I’ll have but we’ll see. Ideal situation would be 4 Texoma schools to PAC 12 and form a pod that pairs up with a pod of the two Arizona schools, Utah, and Colorado. That would keep us in the Central and Mountain time zones for most games. Personal preference would be ACC, but that’s not happening. I realize we’re supposed to hate eachother but I hope the best for y’all. This great state doesn’t need fewer P5 teams in the mix.
I could agree on this. I think Tech, Oklahoma St, TCU and UH would fill markets well for the PAC. Plus playing Utah again would be fun.