• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Eight

It’s the right move for Texas and ou. I’m still pro big ten. We have to be more valuable than Rutgers and Maryland.

no we don't, do you have any idea what the enrollments of rutgers and maryland are compared to tcu?

please don't mention the metroplex media market. rutgers sits between the #1 and #4 markets. dfw is bigger than dc,but we don't control the dfw media market.

Longhorn from Aledo

After the pandemic, UT needs the money. Let's not kid ourselves. It's a cabal of leeches in Belmont. It's always the money. This tells me they don't care about the playoff..... even if we are going to 12 teams.

Texas gets to sell out the renovated stadium with a gauntlet of good teams and former rivals coming back every year. Winning is secondary.

Eight

After the pandemic, UT needs the money. Let's not kid ourselves. It's a cabal of leeches in Belmont. It's always the money. This tells me they don't care about the playoff..... even if we are going to 12 teams.

Texas gets to sell out the renovated stadium with a gauntlet of good teams and former rivals coming back every year. Winning is secondary.

clean out belmont and i am sure there is enough money for the next version of cyborg lockers

Eight

nobody wants the school that should’ve gotten the death penalty

didn't the acc take the "U"?

702855---cover-thumbnail-image.jpg

Bob Sugar

sure that rutger games aren't the only big 10 games that get broadcast and don't forget the value of basketball broadcasts in that part of the world
I imagine I can count on one hand the number of people in NYC who would not normally watch a random B10 game, but decided to do so because the two schools playing were in the same conference as Rutgers. Same goes for Basketball.

Eight

I imagine I can count on one hand the number of people in NYC who would not normally watch a random B10 game, but decided to do so because the two schools playing were in the same conference as Rutgers. Same goes for Basketball.

has nothing to do with being in the conference with rutgers, but being in the conference with rutgers allows increased exposure and coverage in that area.

now, maybe iowa basketball was getting coverage already in nyc, jersey, philly, etc....

Bob Sugar

has nothing to do with being in the conference with rutgers, but being in the conference with rutgers allows increased exposure and coverage in that area.

now, maybe iowa basketball was getting coverage already in nyc, jersey, philly, etc....
That's my point. Rutgers doesn't move the needle. There is no increased exposure due to being in Rutgers' conference. Outside of 1-2 seasons in the early 2000's Rutgers has been one of the worst teams in FB for decades.

Latest posts