• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Klaw

If this happens, who does the big 12 add or does the conference die? Possible replacements are Houston, Cincinnati, UCF Boise, BYU or etc

Eight

I don’t think many programs care as much about winning anymore as they do about money.

no doubt this is true and i am sure espn's buying spree of various soccer league broadcast rights, f1, expansion of college sports, nba, etc...has put them in a position where they aren't as cash flush as before

if this report is true i am curious which of the two schools is pushing the decision.

Eight

If this happens, who does the big 12 add or does the conference die? Possible replacements are Houston, Cincinnati, UCF Boise, BYU or etc

can't believe you just typed that houston, cincy, ucf, bosie, and byu are possible replacements

texas and ou are the two conference members who aren't replaceable. the conference can get place holders, but no one out there brings the eyeballs, history/brand recogniition

without those two schools are would imagine the amount offered to the conference on the next tv contract would be a smaller percentage of the current contract

Palliative Care

Usually stories like this do not get leaked unless someone knows the inevitable outcome. It smacks of the old SWC days when the word got out about the B12. This would make for some interesting games this fall. I agree that you cannot replace these two. What you would need to do is absorb other schools and create a 12 team conference or bigger.

Longhorn from Aledo

TCU, Tech, OSU, and K State will be joining the Pac 16 if this happens. Looks like aggy is trying to throw a wrench in the gears but I don't think that the big brothers in the SEC will let them stop this. ISU and Kansas to the B1g and WVU to ACC. Baylor to the Mountain West.

frogmaddness

TCU, Tech, OSU, and K State will be joining the Pac 16 if this happens. Looks like aggy is trying to throw a wrench in the gears but I don't think that the big brothers in the SEC will let them stop this. ISU and Kansas to the B1g and WVU to ACC. Baylor to the Mountain West.
If this were to be the case, I can see TCU, TT, OSU, Kst,CU, AZ, AZst, Utah in a division and USC, UCLA, Cal, Ore.st, Ore, Wash, Wash st, Stanford in the other division.

Del Conte, back when he was at the helm, used to talk abt the inevitable threat of a certain few in the Big 12 to the SEC and how we would have to decision tree our path fwd should that happen. Not suggesting this article is anything more than a rumor, but Del Conte was pretttttty informed.

punter9

Say hello to the big ten. They should take osu Baylor Tcu Iowa at and tech to get firm recruiting in Texas and Oklahoma.

Frozen Frog

A&M might want to realize that they are replaceable! Welcome to the return of football without a salary cap. This time it just happens to be at the college level!

If UT and OU leave the Big 12 it is likely the end of the conference. That would lead a ton of conference shuffling. Next up is probably the Big Ten who can take whatever schools they desire. Mizzou and Notre Lame could be on that list. There might be openings for all the Big 12 schools. With the NIL deals I wonder if a few schools might reevaluate the role of athletics on campus.

punter9

It’s the right move for Texas and ou. I’m still pro big ten. We have to be more valuable than Rutgers and Maryland.

steelfrog

Tier 1
when the next big change in college football conferences happen two schools that don't have to worry about being left without a chair are ou and texas so why jump to a conference where you are swimming damn hard upstream each season
This exact thing could have been said about TCU before we went into the B12 which supposedly was better for us financially but was unquestionably worse for us from a competitive and fan standpoint. But schools don't care about the latter becuase they don't get paid based on providing a good competitive or fan experience