• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Paul in uhh

TCU is more like 30th-45th, but you have a bunch of do-nothings like Rutgers who have the benefit of being in one of the other conferences.
Vandy, Rutgers, Syracuse, wake forest, BC, northwestern all getting free passes here irritates me. If the whole thing blows up and many teams get shuffled I like TCUs chances of landing in a good spot. If it’s just UT and OU and pray for the best I think we get left behind.

wish sec would swap us for vandy. I also wish that I had a gazillion dollars.

Moose Stuff

Dude what the hell is your problem? It was an initial reaction to a story that didn't have many legs at the time. Things change as more facts came out.

Relax. You were wrong and I used it as an example of why I didn’t have an answer for Froglaw…. because I don’t have enough information to begin to have a clue what’s gonna happen. I’m sure there’s a long list of things I’ve posted on here that were wrong… me and everyone else. You saying you’ve never gone out or your way to point any of them out?

Pharm Frog

Hurts to say but this is far more entertaining than TCU football has been for a few years now. But then I just really can’t get all exercised about this stuff as my personal interest in college athletics in general has waned significantly over the last three years or so. Almost no decision made about college athletics by courts or governing bodies has reversed this interest spiral and most have accelerated it.

Moose Stuff

Hurts to say but this is far more entertaining than TCU football has been for a few years now. But then I just really can’t get all exercised about this stuff as my personal interest in college athletics in general has waned significantly over the last three years or so. Almost no decision made about college athletics by courts or governing bodies has reversed this interest spiral and most have accelerated it.

I can’t really disagree. This bothers me WAY less than it would have 10 years ago.

TCUdirtbag

This is a message board where people are speculating on what is going to happen. You have no idea what is going on either? So it’s fun for you to try and make people feel stupid because you don’t agree with their ideas on something that nobody (including you) know anything about.

Seems like you may want to keep those hot tales to yourself.

I actually think the Nebraska to the Big 12 could have some legs. Nebraska has gone from a National power to a complete after thought. You think they like being completely mediocre in the big 10? If OU/UT leave, they could step in and be the blue blood/alpha male college and potentially return to prominence. That seems like that could be enticing to Nebraska. In the last 20 years they have gone from a top 5 program to a top 50 program.

Current reality isn’t going to lead Nebraska to join a depleted Big 12. Why would they give up $20 M/yr to lead a conference equivalent with the old Big East? One without old rivals Mizzou and Colorado? One with about as much pull in Texas recruiting as the B1G?

Current events simply vindicate Nebraska’s move. They’ve lost their AAU status since joining the B1G. They might be mediocre in sports but that’s better than being broke and better than being part of this UT/OU melodrama.

1st order of business: Compare notes, and confirm your known-knowns, known-unknowns, and figure out what unknown-unknowns lie ahead.

2nd order of business: Determine how many other feet are out the door

3rd order of business: Figure out if there is consensus to try the "groveling" route (VBo straw poll last night - there is not)

Important reminder: The Big 12 is a partnership, but the elected lead partner today is Boschini... He has a lot of work ahead of him, and is in a tough position trying to advocate for both TCU and the interests of the conference as a whole.