• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

CountryFrog

Name change time…

“Theme Parks and Pumpkins Frog”
Guilty. I lived in Florida for a few years growing up. I became a huge Miami Heat fan and lover of Orlando theme parks. Was also a Jaguar fan for a few years back when they had Mark Brunell and Fred Taylor. Those were some fun teams to watch.

Didn't get hooked on pumpkin pancakes until moving back to Texas though.

Last edited:

tcudoc

Agreed. Universal got in the habit of making every new ride a virtual ride with screens (Kong, Gringots, & Forbidden Journey), so I was really excited when they decided to make both Hagrids and VelociCoaster. They are both amazing rides, but IMO the VelociCoaster is in a class of its own.
I cannot take the virtual rides. Anything 3D gives me motion sickness and a terrible headache that lasts for about 8 hours. It only took me about 10 tries to figure it out, so I just skip those rides. The problem is, the vast majority of the new stuff is that type of ride. Definitely makes the theme parks less fun for me. I can still do all of the traditional roller coasters with no problems, thankfully.

CountryFrog

I cannot take the virtual rides. Anything 3D gives me motion sickness and a terrible headache that lasts for about 8 hours. It only took me about 10 tries to figure it out, so I just skip those rides. The problem is, the vast majority of the new stuff is that type of ride. Definitely makes the theme parks less fun for me. I can still do all of the traditional roller coasters with no problems, thankfully.
Unfortunately I'm getting there too with some of those. I occasionally just have to close my eyes in the middle of it until the ride is over. I'll load up on Dramamine next time I go to see if that helps at all.

Mack Brown on the Paul Finebaum show, a month ago:

When asked about the Longhorns' chances for SEC success, Brown had some very simple advice to heed above all else-- win.

“I would think, just in listening to AD’s across the country and the presidents, all of these moves are about money and securing your place at the highest level of sports long-term,” Brown told Finebaum. “And obviously most of that is TV money. And also the better schedule that you have the more enticing it is for season ticket sales and fans, but you’ve gotta win. I think that’s what all of this comes down to. If you don’t win, regardless of whether you’re Texas or Oklahoma or Ole Miss or North Carolina or Clemson, it doesn’t work. Because I’ve tried it both ways and people like it better if you win.

Last edited:

Eight

Still has not “faded” from my memory.

nba-dunk.gif

Frog-in-law1995

Agreed. Universal got in the habit of making every new ride a virtual ride with screens (Kong, Gringots, & Forbidden Journey), so I was really excited when they decided to make both Hagrids and VelociCoaster. They are both amazing rides, but IMO the VelociCoaster is in a class of its own.

Yeah, lots of virtual rides out there now. Most of those were a complete sensory overload.

tcudoc

We went during a school week in mid May and still waited in line about 3 hours. And it was worth it.
I'm sure you know this, but there are people who are wheelchair bound that will let you "hire" them to go with you to the theme parks. It's a pretty calculated move.
I know someone who has a disease that is completely unrelated to mobility that got themselves a scooter for a trip to Disney World. Then they had the audacity to post on Facebook pictures of them riding around the park and bragging about the short lines. It's bad enough they did it, but to get on social media and flaunt it was a new low. They actually thought it was justified because she has this disease and people were actually giving her love in the comments about how strong she was for working through it. It felt like it was a "Make a wish" trip for someone who is diagnosed with high blood pressure. The disease has a name and most have no idea what it is, so she plays it up as if she is dying. So bizarre.