1. The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by CryptoMiner, Jul 21, 2021.

1. #261 y2kFrog, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    Unless KU accepts its fate as a basketball school and goes to the Big East they are not fine.

ticketfrog123 likes this.
  2. i see the sarcasm tag but this clown was trying to raise ticket prices while the rug was pulled out from underneath

3. A. The sky is not falling.
    B. This only about the money and everything else is BS don't look behind the curtain flim flam.
    C. We have monied people willing to do what it takes to survive all these changes.

TCU_91 likes this.
  4. TCU is a social club, not a football school. People will keep their seats and suites, prices may have to get adjusted a tad but it’ll be fine.

5. It's not just about money. Like most things in life, it's also about the consolidation of power and prestige. I'm not convinced that we can just buy our way out of this.

6. This assumes that the Big 10, PAC 12 and ACC all immediately go to 16 teams. If they do not want to do that, than the remaining 8 Big 12 teams are much better off adding the top 3-4 AAC teams and BYU than they are breaking up and joining the AAC, MWC, and CUSA.

7. nobody is renewing tickets for the prime seat price if the opponents are significantly worse

8. Okay moose droppings, what's your genius plan?

Curl up in a ball and cry like a 10 year old girl?

Yea, you're plugged in and no idea is worthy other than yours!

9. of all the things you have typed on this site, this is really scheissing impressive

TCUdirtbag and GoFrog Yourself like this.
  10. If no other conference picks up any of the remaining 8 Big 12 teams, they are stronger together than the AAC or MWC. Now if the Pac-12 were to call, we need to say yes as fast as we can. USC at 9:30 > than any AAC team at anytime. It also looks like we may not have to worry about those 11:30 AM starts in September or October much longer.

TCUdirtbag and tcuwags like this.
  11. so what i am hearing is being a groomsman for gary might not be enough in the future

TooColdU and Boomhauer like this.
  12. ISU is a top 10 team this year allegedly.

I said hang, not beat Clemson by 30.

UNC or whomever is 2nd in the ACC wouldn’t beat OKST or TCU most years

Endless Purple likes this.
  13. pac 12 could take 4 and just do divisions like SEC currently does

Non-PST division:
    Arizona
    ASU
    Colorado
    Utah
    4 big 12 schools (OKST, ISU, TCU + ???)

14. Yeah, I don’t have a plan because I’m smart enough to know that when something is a little above my pay grade it’s best to let things unfold a little bit before jumping in with the first thing that pops into your head in an effort to look smart/connected (see YA’s “yeah, none of this is happening” post for an example of that). This broke less than 24 hours ago and I don’t have the slightest clue what a realistic expectation of the end result for TCU might be (though admittedly it doesn’t look promising). BUT, what I do know is that anyone that thinks it’s even remotely possible that schools like Colorado, Nebraska, Arizona, and ASU would leave where they’re at to board a sinking ship isn’t worth listening to. There’s a better chance that the SEC kicks out Alabama and LSU to add Abilene Christian and UTA than there is of that happening.

15. Add to that an aggressive non-conference scheduling of home and home with two other Power 5 teams.

Syracuse, Pitt, return trip in FW against Clemson, Miami, etc.

TCU and the rest of the Big 12/8 could put together a solid football schedule.

Basketball and baseball will remain strong.

The key is keeping the remaining 8 schools committed. This is where ADJD will earn his paycheck.

16. I'm hearing there is a big meeting this morning...

at Chipotle.

17. Well we still have the rest of the Big 8. That’s a helluva lot more than we had last time.

Big Frog II likes this.
  18. goes back to the pissing match between texas and nebraska when the conference was first formed/

then we get the longhorn network. the break up of this conference isn't all on texas, but they haven't been all in from the start so why would other members do the same?

Genbukan likes this.
  19. That's what I thought, you don't know squat and just want to criticize thoughts you don't like.

Keep crying little sister, maybe if we do nothing and don't make too many waives we'll get a cookie at nap time.