• The KillerFrogs

Horned Frogs of Destiny vs the Ames, Iowa Fightin' Abby Fabers Prediction Thread

Eight

I throw last year's game out the window. ISU had NFL QB and RB, good record. TCU league doormat, quit on their HC, interim lame duck Coaches, etc., pretty much just playing out the string after getting throttled by Okie Lite.

very good point, frogs very much were going through the motions, isu was the better team and the one common thread to the loss two years prior was the defensive scheme flaw that they exploited with their run game

dawg

Cyclones -12
Frogs - 22

Demarcado 78 yards

Lots of field goals, few touchdowns. Iowa St uglies up the game, we score just enough.

froginmn

I throw last year's game out the window. ISU had NFL QB and RB, good record. TCU league doormat, quit on their HC, interim lame duck Coaches, etc., pretty much just playing out the string after getting throttled by Okie Lite.
It sucked to be at that game. It was really cold and we played like dog [ Finebaum ]. There was no real hope of anything positive coming from that; not sure that getting to a bowl would have been a good thing.

And my son had COVID so I went alone and met up with some friends who went to ISU. Drove 3 1/2 hours to get there, watched the game, drove 3 1/2 hours back.

OK the consolation was that I was back in MN to go to the MN-WI game Saturday and witness this greatness.

dawg

It sucked to be at that game. It was really cold and we played like dog [ #2020 ]. There was no real hope of anything positive coming from that; not sure that getting to a bowl would have been a good thing.

And my son had COVID so I went alone and met up with some friends who went to ISU. Drove 3 1/2 hours to get there, watched the game, drove 3 1/2 hours back.

OK the consolation was that I was back in MN to go to the MN-WI game Saturday and witness this greatness.

scheiss Wisconsin.

Kyle101011

TCU wins 20-10. QJ, DD, and KM don’t play as well as some other starters.
As long as our O Line is healthy, I like our chances in this game and the Big XII natty.

Planks

Not sure if we win or lose, but I will predict that we go for 2 on a late TD as our coaches decide to win or lose in regulation rather than go to OT and exposing our players to additional wear and tear before the conference championship game.

Planks

I’ve thought about it, give me TCU 32 Iowa State 21. I will stick with my prediction that TCU goes for 2 at some point in an attempt to increase the chances the game ends in regulation, so that’s how we end up with the strange 32 point score.

Iowa State will be a tough opponent, but they’ve already been eliminated from bowl contention, there is no rivalry element to this game, and Iowa State’s players have already experienced beating TCU so many times these last few years (including a dominating win last year) so I’m not sure if the motivation will quite be there for the Cyclones.

I think TCU beats Iowa State and then loses the Conference Championship game to Texas/K State.